Chongyun
I haven't asked him yet. But I know he will. So, will you go?

Xiao
No.

Did my ears hear that correctly? He doesn't want to go? Now, this is more interesting.

Chongyun
What? But Aether will be there.

Xiao
And? I'm not going. I want to rest.

Am I calling the right person? Did that asshole get possessed or something?

Chongyun
But—

He didn't even let me finish my sentence because he suddenly hung up on me. That jerk!

• End of flashback •

If my hunch was right, Aether's the reason why he doesn't want to go. I have seen him avoid Aether, but this time it feels different. What's going on with these two?

My attention was diverted when a familiar person walked towards the car. I immediately ran up to him. "Asshole! What took you so long?"

I know that he is annoyed, but he doesn't have to show it on his face. "I know what you're after, and it's not going to happen, so leave me alone."

"I will only leave if you state the reason why."

He walked past me and put his bag in the car. "I already did when you called me."

I quickly blocked his way with my hand when he was about to go inside the car. "Remove it," he said and glared at me.

You think a glare will scare me off? Yes. My little soul almost left my body. But I didn't run away, which may or may not be a bad decision.

"No. Not until you answer my question."

He clicked his tongue and closed the door. "Okay. What is it?"

"I want you to be honest. Is Aether the reason why you don't want to come?"

He didn't give me a reply, but the answer was already obvious when he had a troubled look on his face. Bingo! My hunch was right.

"So, what happened?"

He sighed and leaned his back against the car. "I don't want to talk about it."

I moved beside him and scratched the back of my head. I think I know what's going on. I never expected to act as Cupid in my life, not until now.

"I know that you're the type of person who doesn't like to share, but what you really need is just to realize, dude."

I noticed that he gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. "Fuck that! I'm so tired of hearing the same word all over again. Can't you just tell me what it is? I can't have peace of mind from thinking about what to realize."

To be frank with you, that scared the shit out of me. I never thought that he would actually get pissed off by what I said.

But wait. Did he just say that he's tired of hearing the same word? Does that mean that someone already gave him a piece of advice? And this asshole still hasn't got it? Wow. I had never met someone this dense before.