⚔Drapetomania: The urge to Run away⚔

Run away!

It was a powerful instinct, a prey felt when it was surrounded by its predators, all gnashing their claws at it, ready to devour it any moment...

And for the first time in her life, Delta 5 didn't feel like the powerful predator, she always had been...but instead she felt like a cautious prey, who had to survive anyhow among a castle full of predators, as she stood there, shock coursing through her body as the large doors of the room closed painfully slow behind her, giving her the view of the beastly smirk....her so called brother held.

She was finally able to breathe, when the door closed shut, shielding her from those bloodthirsty monstrous eyes, and that cruel smirk.

No! This was not supposed to be happening!

She was supposed to be dead, for fuck's sake!

She was supposed to be resting in peace, now!

She was not supposed to be here! Not among these monsters! Not in the very place, of which she had been hearing stories, a few hours before her death!

KGF...KGF was just a story....a fictional story!....Nothing more! So why, why was she here?!

Heavy breathings filled the room, as she stumbled slightly. Her anxiousness and fear winning over her rational and calm mind.

She desperately wished for Delta 7 to be here, with her!

Only he knew how to handle her panic attacks!

Still stumbling, her trembling legs carried her towards the large bed, beside which a jug of water and a glass were placed on the small bedside table. Quivering fingers struggled to pour the water into the glass, spilling half of the water onto the floor. Chugging down the little amount of water she had managed to pour in the glass, she closed her eyes tightly, trying to control her breathing.

...1....2...3...4...

...1...2...3...4...

...1...2...3...4...

...1...2...3...4...

She counted her breathes in and out, as they finally settled into a normal pattern. Slowly, sitting up straight, she glanced around the room.

She knew, she couldn't stay here, among these bloodthirsty monsters, not when she had seen the pure look of evil in their eyes, eyes promising her pain and death.

No, she had to escape, right now!

Cautious looking eyes, spotted her ultimate source of escape; the window!

She walked hurriedly towards it, opening it slightly and softly so as to not alert anyone outside. The evening sky with the setting sun on its peak above the horizon, had her able to see somewhat clearly in the dark and dimly lit passageway.

There seemed to be no one outside, as she expertly jumped out of the window, landing softly on the marbled floor.

Before, when she was being guided by the boy, 'Garuda', she had not focused on the view outside too consumed with keeping up with the young man and with the questions running around in her distorted mind. Thus, she had missed the lofty view outside the castle.