"Oh, my merlin." Parvati laughed.

"Professor Slughorn!" Filch called, as everyone gathered around them. I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out. Did you issue him with an invitation?"

"I was invited! By Charlotte!" Draco yelled, as he pulled himself free from Filch's grasp and marched up to Charlotte and grabbed her hand, and laced their fingers together. Charlotte looked at him, surprised.

"I thought you weren't coming," Charlotte said

"I changed my mind," Draco whispered in her ear. He had gone to the room of requirements, and sat in front of the wardrobe but couldn't get himself to work, as he remembered Charlotte's sad expression when he had told her he wasn't coming.

"In a very public way, you know everyone's going to know we're dating tomorrow morning."

"Well, I don't really care anymore." He whispered back. She beamed at him.

"He can stay right, Professor?" Charlotte asked, seeing Slughorn's shocked expression, along with several other people. Some of the girls turned and started whispering to each other. She knew that this would be the biggest gossip for Tomorrow morning.

"Of course! It's Christmas!" Slughorn said. Draco beamed at Slughorn and thanked him as he took a drink from the server that had walked by.

"It's nothing, nothing I did know your grandfather, after all..." Slughorn said as he waved off Slughorn's thanks.

"He always spoke very highly of you, sir. Said you were the best potion-maker he'd ever known..." Slughorn laughed, trying to sound embarrassed, as Harry glared at Charlotte and Draco. Snape glared at Draco, who tried to avoid eye contact.

"How long have you two been going out?"

"It's new." Charlotte lied, making Draco smirk.

"Wow, who would have known, a Malfoy and a Potter?" Slughorn said.

"I would like to have a word with Mr. Malfoy if you don't mind Professor Slughorn," Snape said.

"I'd really like to stay with my girlfriend, sir," Draco said.

"You'll be back soon," Snape said, as he grabbed Draco by the arm, and pulled him out of the party.

"Did you know he was coming?" Parvati asked,

"No, I asked him, but he said no."

Draco came back ten minutes later; his expression was annoyed, but he smiled once he saw Charlotte.

"Everything all right?" Charlotte asked, even though she knew he had an unpleasant conversation with Snape.

"Now it is." She saw a couple of people turn to look at them as Draco leaned down and kissed Charlotte's forehead.

"Are you sure you're all right with everyone knowing?" Charlotte asked, even though it was too late to take it back.

"Yes, I am." He nodded, he realized that when he was walking down to the party, maybe it was the worst timing possible with Voldemort coming back and him being a death eater, but Draco simply did not care anymore, he had given up enough for Voldemort.

---

They spent the rest of the evening talking to several people who were quite interested in knowing how they had gotten together or why they were together. The party had ended, and Draco walked Charlotte back to her common room.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back to my room?" Draco asked once they reached the corner, right where the portrait wouldn't see them.

"Yes, I have to leave for home tomorrow," Charlotte said. He kissed Charlotte on the lips very slowly, his hands cupping her face as she held him by the elbows.

"I'm right here! In case anyone's forgotten." Parvati said, as she rounded the corner, and went to the common room, feeling extra lonely now both her friends have boyfriends.

"Sorry, Parvati." Charlotte giggled.

"I'll see you when you come back. Maybe I'll have my task done by then." Draco hoped Charlotte smiled.

"Maybe." Charlotte kissed Draco one more time, before they said goodnight, and walked to her common room.

Harry was waiting for her when she entered. She smiled at him, before trying to run towards the stairs.

"Don't you dare move! You told me you and Draco were broken up." Harry said,

"We were, then we got back together." Charlotte shrugged.

"Charlotte! I think he's a death eater! I didn't care about last year, but this year is different! He's a death eater."

"You don't know anything," Charlotte said. She wasn't going to deny or agree with him.

You don't know why.

Charlotte thought as Harry fumed.

"Are you even thinking straight? His dad was in Azkaban! His dad was there the night Cedric died! His whole family are death eaters! His dad! His aunt! Maybe his mum! His uncle! "

"Harry, please. Give it a rest. I'm not breaking up with him, he's not breaking up with me. I love him." Charlotte said, Harry, shook his head.

"This conversation is over," Charlotte told him, feeling like they've fought over Draco a hundred times now as she went upstairs to her dorm room.