↳ 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝘿𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

Start from the beginning

He texted her first, and she hasn't answered. He waits for her text by the second. He's worried sick, thinking that something happened to her.

And he's thinking of the worst, and suddenly he hears pounding on his front door which doesn't make anything better. He quickly gets up and runs to the front door. He's beyond relieved when he sees Kaya.

"Please come in." He says and she walks into the apartment. She makes herself welcome and sits down on the couch.

"Sorry for not responding, I've just been busy with a friend." Kaya begins when Daisuke walks to the couch and sits down next to her.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Daisuke says. "Is everything okay with your friend though?"

"I..." She begins but she doesn't know if she should be telling him any of this. She doesn't plan on mentioning your name but telling your business to anyone is still wrong, especially after she just left your apartment. But she can't keep it piled up. She's overwhelmed just a few hours after the news. She has to tell someone, and at least she knows Daisuke isn't the father of your baby.

"As long as you don't mention any names it should be fine, right? You have lots of friends." The last part is a lie, because Daisuke can count with one hand the amount of friends Kaya has. And he's thinking of you as being the friend that she's about to talk about. But he won't tell on himself.

"Yeah..." She responds but she's still hesitant. But she sighs. She'll keep it bottled up for the rest of her life, but she just has to tell someone. And this someone is the person that she sees herself marrying and living next to for the rest of her life. "My friend is pregnant and she doesn't want to tell the father. She's thinking about getting an abortion because a baby is just too much of a responsibility in many different ways."

"Oh... That's... Why doesn't she want to tell the father?" Daisuke questions.

"Well... They're not dating per say, and he called the night they spent together, and I quote, a mistake . So she thinks that he's not going to want the baby." She explains. "And I understand but I feel so guilty. Because what if he does want the baby and she doesn't keep it because she's scared of him not wanting it? Because she wants it. I just feel like telling him would resolve so many issues and keeping it bottled up makes me so... I can't even put it into words."

"Do you know who he is? Maybe you can... Tell him in a way. Ask him how he would feel about having a baby." He answers but Kaya quickly shakes her head.

"No. I have no idea who he is and even if I did that's crossing a boundary. I'm already betraying my friend in a sense by telling you all of this." She sighs, and now she feels like the worst person in the world. "There's no guarantee how he'll react either way. Maybe he wants to have a baby someday but it isn't the right time or she just isn't the right person. She already said she doesn't want to hear anyone telling her to get an abortion and I wouldn't risk that."

"I understand." He says. "I just hope that everything works out for your friend."

"Yeah..." She replies. A sigh escapes her lips as she stands up. "Can I use your bathroom?"

"Yeah, go ahead." Daisuke answers. She walks to the bathroom and he takes out his phone. He furrows his eyebrows, thinking of everything that he just heard. Then he thinks of his friend Satoru, who told Daisuke of his grave mistake.

He let himself go and next thing he knew he woke up next to one of Kaya's friends. Daisuke never received a name either, but he doesn't need a name to put two and two together. The weight that Kaya carries on her shoulders is now passed to him.

Daisuke is certain that the father of Kaya's friend's baby is Satoru Gojo.

-

Lately, the moment you open your eyes you run to the bathroom with intentions of vomiting, which you do. And before yesterday, you would blame it on the stress of exams but now you know the real reason, which somehow is worse than exams.