Chapter 3

Janise's p.o.v.

I was the special one!!! AHHH! Yeah!!!!! I jumped up and down, probably smiling like crazy.

"Hey, Su-" I turned around and faced the ocean, but I let my voice fade as I saw Summer sullenly wading into the water. I ran forward just when Summer's head disappeared into the water, her long brown hair lingering at the surface for a moment, before being tugged down with her.

I ran through the waves, my feet splashing loudly in the water. I jumped and dove into the water, and began paddling towards Summer's fading shape. Summer may have been stronger and a better swordsman, but I was quicker. I shot like a rocket towards her, the water no-doubt propelling me forward. I reached out and grabbed her blue sneaker, and held on tight as she tried to kick me off.

She eventually gave up trying to kick me off, then she just kind of floated in the water, motionless. I swam up in front of her, and made a concerned face. Summer replied with a death glare.

"I don't understand," I said. "what's wrong?" When she heard this, she totally lost it.

"Don't you get it!?!" Summer screamed at me. I opened my mouth to reply, but was quickly shut down by more screaming. She jabbed a finger in her chest, and said, "I wanted to be the special one!" Oh. Now I get it. "All my life I dreamed of being the special one! I even tried training!" She ran her fingers through her thick brown hair. Summer pointed at me like I was an unwanted pet that just pooped on the floor. "And you, just," her last few words were barely audible, but I still heard them, and they sparked a couple of emotions in me. "just take it away from me like, poof! Gone! Childhood dream ruined!"

I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted yet again. This time it was her phone's ringtone, not Summer's voice. She tugged her iphone out of her jeans pocket, and held it up to her ear.

"Hey!" She said, smiling.

"Who is-" I started, but was shushed again Summer's finger. I put my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, umm, your house?" She made a frowny face.

"No, not my house.... its a mess... and... uhh... my mom doesn't like visitors." Summer struggled out the words... just barely. Who was this?

"The park? Sure! See you there! Bye!" Summer sighed, then put her phone away. She looked at my sour expression, then frowned.

"What?" Summer said.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked.

"Chase," I smiled slyly. Summer crossed her arms. "So," I continued. "What were you talking to him about?"

Summer through her arms up in the air, then yelled, "Auuugh! Why do you have to know everything I do!" She sighed, then started swimming again. Why is she being so touchy lately? Oh, wait, that's right, I apparently ruined her childhood dream. Oh, yeah, that one. WHICH I DIDN'T DO!!!

I sighed. I watched Summer's form disappear into the water, and decided to focus on my powers. I held out my hands, and I felt the water move a little bit. Definitely not the wave I saw earlier.

I sighed. I wanted to be so powerful, I expected to have instant results. Well, I could tell it was going to take a lot more than just waving my arms and hoping. I saw the murky blue water go from a deep shade of blue, down to a crimson as the sun set. I started swimming down, and reached the town about ten minutes later.

I headed into my house, and threw my book bag onto the floor, along with my sneakers. My two sisters immediately rushed out of the room and bombarded me with questions.