Who is Alice Eduardo? She's the Ever-Generous Ate and Tita

Alice Eduardo, fondly called by her closest friends Ate Alice, is the Woman of Steel, but she has a heart of gold. It shows through her lavish gifts to her friends and the things that she readily gives other people—whether she knows them personally or not. After all, she is one of Forbes' 2018 Heroes of Philanthropy.

Giving lavish — and meaningful — gifts

Alice Eduardo gave Kris Aquino luxury bags, shoes, and clothes. Kris Aquino also received a Php2 million Cartier watch from her beloved Ate Alice.

Her other favorite is Scarlet Snow Belo received dresses and accessories. While Scarlet also received a Gucci bag from her Tita Alice, the latter is all about showering little ones with meaningful gifts. Alice Eduardo is one of the several titas who gave Scarlet her very own bahay kubo.

Meaningful it is, more so if we will account for the Philippine General Hospital's 320-square meter pediatric hematology and an oncology isolation ward for terminally ill cancer patients that she funded in 2014. Additionally, she also financed the renovation of Bahay Silungan so that the parents and relatives of these patients would have a shelter while staying here in Manila.

Throughout the year, her name is consistently included in the list of benefactors. For example, in 2018, a list of donors report revealed that Alice Eduardo is one of the donors of the Rebuild Ormoc program. She gave Php300,000, her sister Small and her husband Philip Laude gave Php100,000, while Kris Aquino gave Php400,000.

These are just some of Alice Eduardo's passion projects. However, much as the beneficiaries would like to mention the Eduardo sisters for their financial support, Alice, Melba, and Small would like to do giving secretly and quietly. It's her act of kindness and generosity that Alice Eduardo would want her sisters to take from her.

For others, she is kind and generous to a fault. But for Alice Eduardo, it is about sharing her blessings with others. Indeed, when your blessings overflow, the natural course is to become a blessing yourself and extend whatever you have to other people.

Alice Eduardo states, "A meaningful life is one where you can positively impact people's lives—even those [that] you've never met [before]. It's a life where I have matched my blessings by being even more of a blessing to family, friends and as many people as possible."