Chapter One ~ Behind the fire

This chapter is for one of our most valued readers LilyP thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting we appreciate the support so much. And not to forget a very happy birthday to you enjoy the chapter :) X Jess and Sophie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shamrock weaved in between my legs as I sat at the breakfast table reading the Daily Prophet. Ginny was sat next to me scribbling what seemed to be a letter on an old piece of parchment, a look of pure concentration on her face.

"What you smiling at?" She huffed, sitting back in her chair while, shaking her fingers out.

"Just you." I smirked laughing slightly at her puzzled face, "Who you writing the letter to?"

She looked at me quizzically and ran her fingers through her long ginger hair before sighing once again.

"Hermione." She confessed. "She isn't here yet and cause everyone's gone to get Harry you know? I can't just sit here and nervously wait."

I raised an eyebrow, "Ginny Weasley? Nervous? I can't believe my ears."

"Oh shut up." She replied, attempting to throw her quill at me before it pathetically flopped to the floor.
"How can you not worry?"

"Watch and learn." I remarked, turning back to the paper in front of me. "Harry will be fine, for Merlin's sake, Dumbledore is going to be at his hearing." Ginny sighed again and left the room. Grimmauld Place was a freezer in the summer, as I had quickly learned after arriving here two weeks ago. I constantly have to wear jumpers, not that I'm complaining.

Earlier that morning, most of the order members had gone to get Harry from his house. Apparently he had used illegal magic, he wasn't of age yet and still couldn't use magic outside of school. Unlike some people. Ever since the twins has turned 17 they wouldn't stop popping up around the house.

I turned over to the next page of nonsense in the Daily Prophet and Fred and George appeared next to me.

"Morning Leah." They said in unison.

Unfortunately for me, they had cut off their shaggy hair after term had ended so I could no longer call them mop-heads.

"Hey," I replied, "What time is everyone arriving today?"

The order was suppose to be arriving after Harry's trial at the ministry.

"We don't really know," Fred said, sitting opposite me.

"Mum said they'll be back later."

"Great. Hermione is coming at Tea so we can all wait for them later." I replied.

While they were eating breakfast the twins explained some of the new prank concepts for next year.

"A portable swamp?" I asked, "It could get a little messy.."

"That's why we were hoping you could help us with transfiguration and charms" George said.

"Okay" I smiled "It might work, but it's gonna take some time..."

"Great!" They smiled together.

"Your mum told me that the order are having another Meeting, Snape's arriving after dinner." I told them.

"What about Dumbledore?"

"Doubt it, but he might come if Snape is."

George nodded and put his bowl in the sink.