He was worrying too much. Haya was not his love anymore, she was her constant. Of course he would.

He pulled himself together because of a painful reminder that she was married. He had no right to interfere in her life anymore. He had no right to even spare her a second glance anymore as much as it was agonising, it was true.

He was bombarded with concerned questions from Zaki immediately after entering into the hall where there were many people in fancies casually immersed in one to the other chatter "Where's my angel?" He asked. The only thing he would look forward to, is meeting his doll.

Zaki gestured towards Faiza holding her daughter up, who was sulking because her mother was preventing her from running around. 

"May I have her now?" Shavez called her from behind. 

"You're here finally" She sighed and the little one's eyes lit up on seeing him she started squirming to get off her mother's hold and extended her hands for Shavez to hold. So she handed her daughter to Shavez who instantly calmed down. Both smiled at that.

"There wasn't a minute she was not getting on my nerves, how is she more calm with you" Faiza grumbled taking seat as she was super tired, attending all the guests.

"Guess we have a special bond then, isn't it Yusra? " He playfully raised his eyebrows at the girl who giggled delightedly, her giggles filled his heart.

"Maria's here" She said to which Shavez just nodded "Maybe you should talk to her"

"What will I talk to her about" He replied finding no reason to approach Maria whom he already saw when he came inside.

"You were good friends before-" she paused "-before everything happened"

"I saw her today" he said to get a questioned look from Faiza.

"Haya" The name sounded so beautiful when pronounced loud and clear. 

"What? where? she's in the city?"

"I didn't know too, she's been here all this time it seems" He said appearing to be focused on the little girl in his arms, one arm holding her and the other hand playing with her tiny fingers.

"Are you still not past her" Faiza's tone was saddened.

"I can never"

"She's married"

"I know"

"It's wrong"

"I know, okay?" He snapped lifting his gaze to look at Faiza,"what can I do? that's something not in my control, I just- can't think of somebody else other than her I know its very wrong and I don't know what to do about it" his voice turned low at the end, every word he was saying was true, he tried to forget her, erase her from his mind but what can he do if his heart wouldn't cooperate.

Faiza went silent for a minute on hearing him, and Yusra started booping his nose and whispering "No angwy, no angwy " figuring out that he was mad for some reason making his attention go back to the girl, smiling.

"How's she? Did you talk to her"

"I didn't get a chance to, I don't know if I'll be able to even if I had the chance, just bumped into her" He said to which Faiza nodded, "I hope she's happy with Adnan. At the end of the day, he's the one who has her" He said after a pause.

Though at the back of his mind there was a lingering thought disturbing him but he didn't let it make way to his lips. He wanted to confirm the reason of Haya's condition only then will he be able to do something about it, if he couldn't reach out he'll make sure somebody else does, only to make sure she was okay.