0,75. Prologue

Fourteen is really the opposite of anyone in the Hawkins Lab. Unlike the other Kids, fourteen is not always in the Lab, but she goes on missions and has the hardest program than all of the kids combined and has her hair still on it's place. Another difference is that she can speak way better than the other kids. There only was one other kid that could speak as well as her, but he is not the main theme right now.

With that being said, she has to work twice as hard and long as the other kids. Sometimes even three times as hard and long, if Brenner feels like it. The Lab has found out about her, a little after an accident that happened to her parents. At the time, she was only four.

You see, her parents weren't really the good example of parenting. Always drinking, smoking, sometimes enjoying the purple palm tree delight and sometimes just forgetting about their child.

The only one taking care of her sometimes was her aunt, even though she had problems with her husband by herself and wasn't home half of the time.

Fourteen's legal name was Chris. Chris Harrington.

When Chris' aunt would babysit her, because her parents would be out in a bar or having the worst hangover possible, her older cousin Steve, would always help his Mother. It's actually the only time he got to spend with his mother.

He really enjoyed spending time with his Cousin, so he didn't mind taking over a couple hours if Chris' Aunt had to work. Fourteen also had fun hanging out with Steve. He was always like an older Brother to her, even though they were only cousins.

No one knew that she had powers. Not her parents, obviously. Not her aunt, and not her beloved Cousin. No one. Not even Chris herself knew that. Yes, sometimes the power would go out if Chris sneezed a bit too strong, but could have been just a coincidence, right?

But to find out, what happened to her parents and how she got to the Lab, we need to go back 9 years from what is happening now.

March 28th 1974, 21:46

Chris was sitting in the Living room, watching Tv. The remote clutched in her tiny hand as she stared at the bright colours of a kids cartoon. Her aunt and cousin just drove her back home and send her to sleep. Chris though, didn't want to sleep. So after her aunt and Steve left, she snuck back downstairs and turned on the Tv.

Her parents weren't home yet and Chris decided that it would be nice to meet them after they'd came home since she hadn't seen them in good two days now. It wasn't a rarity that this happened. The two adults were almost never home.

After Chris was watching tv for good 20 minutes now, she heard keys jingle at the door. She immediately turned off the tv, dropping the remote onto the couch and ran towards the door. As the door opened, she saw her parents walking into the house like a mess. You couldn't even call it walking because they were stumbling over their feet the whole time. A strong smell of liquor hit Chris, who scrunched up her nose at the smell. The girl didn't know it at the time, but they were drunk and high as hell.

They almost fell as they walked in. All laughing and giggling, but that was before they even noticed their child standing in the hallway in front of them.

The hallway was build so that after you walked in, the kitchen, the living room and the hall were connected. To your right would be the living room, to the your left the kitchen and further down the hall would be the stairs to the second floor. Despite the fact that Chris' parents were a walking mess, they lived in a pretty good house.