Prologue - The Safe House

Start from the beginning

Mikey pushed a button on his table and a direct tone rang in Kakucho's office, indicating Mikey's asking for him to come to his office.

The black-haired male immediately stopped whatever he was doing and went directly to his boss' office.

As he was walking the halls of the headquarters, Kakucho crossed paths with the purple-haired brothers.

Usually, they just walk past each other, or in rare times they would even greet each other with smiles on their faces, but today was not that rare day.

Ran looked pissed about something, his clothing was stained with blood and his knuckles were also bleeding.

While Rindou was spotless and has a less sour expression. "Oh, Kaku." The younger Haitani called. "About the file we borrowed..."

"It got destroyed isn't it?" Kakucho replied almost automatically, after all, it happens too often. "It's fine, I'll take care of it"

"Right now?" Rindou asked. "You're really efficient"

"No. Mikey called me" He corrected. "Oh, by the way, try not to stain anything with blood" He sent a glance in Ran's direction before continuing on his way.

The door opened quietly after three consecutive knocks. Mikey watched the door as it opened and soon Kakucho entered.

"Kaku, I need you to go to Izanagi and say that you are there to fetch something for someone named Michael" Mikey ordered as soon as Kakucho had straightened his posture. "And use the name Hiroyuki."

Kakucho bowed his head as a response before leaving. The door closed with a satisfying click and once again, his office was quiet.

Mikey liked Kakucho as a subordinate since he doesn't ask questions and just go straight to do his task as exact as how it was ordered.

Meanwhile, the Izanagi building was a typical company, all just filled with work and no shady business.

Izanagi Corporation is one of the biggest companies in Japan, and it is the very first company to rise to the top in just under two years. And the owner is none other than Y/n, Mikey's half-sister.

Despite Y/n being Mikey's half-sister, she is not associated with his business whatsoever. The two keep their relationship to themselves, they don't mix their business together nor do they mention each other's names to their friends or subordinates.

Mikey liked it that way since she is the only family that remained alive for all these years. Let's just say Mikey had learned his lesson not to mix family with the gang, especially after what happened to his other siblings.

"Atsuko, someone named Hiroyuki will come and he's going to fetch a package for a guy named Michael" Y/n instructed as she and her secretary walked the lengthy hall of her corporation. "And another box of Dorayaki will arrive as well, make sure to hand it to Hiroyuki."

"Yes, Miss" Atsuko replied shortly. "You must really like Dorayaki, This is the 3rd box this week"

"Ah... yes" She replied with a slightly sheepish smile. "I like to keep it stocked in my home, it's a great midnight snack"

"Sorry to intrude but miss, I think it's unhealthy to consume so much of those sweet pastries" Atsuko muttered in a hesitant tone.

"I appreciate your concern," Y/n assured. "That's what I keep telling him..." She muttered the last sentence to herself.

Atsuko then opened the door toward another room and Y/n entered to attend to her business matters. Atsuko on the other hand walked back to finish the tasks that her boss gave her.