our caves collapsing - foxxay

requested by anon on tumblr: Can you do a Mistelia one where Cordelia has a teenage daughter from her marriage with Hank? But he's gone, the coven is thriving, and Mistelia is married now. So Misty's the stepmom (sorta like your other fic with little April). But teen daughter develops separation anxiety from Cordelia, so Mistelia has to deal with that? Please and thank you!

warnings: none

word count: 3120

.   .   .

It all happened so fast that you and you're emotions weren't entirely on the same level just yet.

After you mother divorced your father, Hank, you figured that it was just going to be you and her for the rest of the time being. And you were okay with that. You've never really had friends, you studied and lived at Robichaux, rather than school. Any friend you had made along the way had just resulting in you crying on your mothers shoulder when they decided they didn't want you anymore.

But then Misty comes along. And slowly, those nights that she'll read you to sleep, or watch a movie with you, turns into greenhouse dates with Misty.

And your okay with that, because your mothers happy, and you haven't seen her smile like that in awhile. She can't just be by her daughters side for the rest of her life. She needs someone to love her, other than just her daughter.

But then they get married. And you're happy. Very happy, because you love Misty. She was good to you, and really clicked into your family. You loved the dress you got to wear, and the cake the wedding served. You loved how you and the girls got the academy to yourselves when they were on their honeymoon.

It was all so exhilarating, and you were too caught up in the moment to realize that Misty was now the one laying in your mothers arms.

As tonight, the moonlight shined down into your room, illuminating your tear stained face. You felt cold, empty. You wanted your mother to hold you asleep. It didn't matter how old you were. She always promised she would. But it seems that she has a new shiny toy, and you're just an old piece of plastic.

You knew she still loved you, but she was so caught up in Misty that she couldn't really feel the sudden stillness of when you did get the chance to hug her. Because Misty had already supplied her with so much warmth.

And she has nothing to worry about, as it's seems. You love Misty, you really do. Never once were you rude to her. Cordelia even caught the two of you dancing together at the wedding. She felt more like an actual mom, rather than a stepmom.

There were even times where you caught yourself calling her ma.

But you missed your real mom right now.

The air was too heavy tonight. You could hardly hear any of the other girls usual argument's, or their music playing too loud before Cordelia instructs them to shut it off at the late hour. You couldn't hear all of that over the sharp silence of the night.

That's why, you can hardly hear the knock on your door when it comes about. The person on the other side has to knock again for you to register it.

You wipe away the tears on your face. You supposed you could make an ocean out of them. Then you could sail away from whoever is trying to speak to you.

"Hey darlin, it's just me. I wanna talk." A thick southern accent cut through your door. Her voice stood up from the others. You knew who it was without a name.

"Come in" you said, and made no effort to pull your blankets back down. Your back was faced towards the door, and you squeezed your eyes shut to prevent more tears from falling.