Prologue - Gianduja

Snezhnayan winters were cold, but the sheen on the snow seemed to reflect glory today as you started down the aisle, Fatui bowing before you left and right. Today you would become a harbinger, you would join finally join the ranks you'd always dream of standing upon, you'd fulfill your childhood dreams and your family's wishes. 

You felt powerful, with drawling, lengthening strides you walked through the rows of Fatui officers on both sides of you, head down as you passed them. You walked until you stood before them, the harbingers, so powerful you'd never thought you could surpass them in strength. Well, you didn't yet, but one day you'd work your way up to them, and hopefully become First of the Fatui harbingers. It was a lofty goal, but as you stood before them, the notion of it didn't seem all that impossible. 

Silence fell as the harbingers parted, and finally the Tsaritsa strode to you. The Cryo Archon, in all her glory. You knelt before her, planting one knee on the icy ground. You gritted your teeth against the cold that bit into your knee, but endured it proudly.

She was stunning, her cold features were lit by the striking gaze in her eyes, and you felt unable to move as she bestowed your position and your delusion fully upon you. You couldn't hear her words through the icy paralysis that seemed to freeze over you, but when she stepped away, you were finally able to breathe again.

"Welcome, Gianduja, the drinker, Tenth of the Fatui Harbingers." There it was, your title, and your code name. You gratefully let it sink in, the sounds resonating in your head. 

The ceremony ended as you lifted your head, eyes glimmering with pride. It was real, you'd really made it, your dream, a harbinger.