2 - The Ancient one

A/n: I'll be doing time skips so I could develop the story faster.

Your POV:

"10 dollars and fifty cents, please." Says the cashier lady in pink and green uniform, she looks about my age, maybe a year or two younger. I hand her a twenty dollars note and looks over at the TV that is displayed on the green wall.

"Our heroes have fallen. Who will protect us now?" The animated poster speaks on one of the channels, I let out a sigh and turn to the girl as she hands me my favourite oreo and caramel donuts and a coffee. I thank her and just before I walk out of the shop, a guy with wavy brunette hair stares intensely at the cashier--I wouldn't say 'intensely', more of a soft look he's giving her, her ex maybe. I open the door and walk out of the shop while taking a sip of my coffee. The next thing I know is me bumping into a stranger, causing some of my coffee to spill on both of our jackets. I look up seeing a raven-haired girl who is taller than me which looks about the same age as I am, as I apologize.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry I-"

The girl cuts me off, "It's fine, really, don't worry about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm kind of in a hurry." She says as she hurries and walk into the shop.

Well that was absolutely humiliating.

I keep overthinking about what just happened and cringe myself out until I arrive at the front of the sanctum. I try and open the massive door with my free hand, but surprisingly, it's locked.

Why would someone lock the door in the middle of the day? Strange.

So I try and shuffle inside my pocket looking for the key. Once I finally find it, I look up catching Wong cleaning the upper right window, he's always cleaning for no reason. Even though he's a literal Sorcerer Supreme, he still chooses to stay at the sanctum and help take care of it. Walking inside, the cold wind suddenly greets me as little pieces of snow flies all around the room. I could now clearly see my breath. Two people who are wearing wool north clothings are cleaning and scooping the snow into the buckets.

What the- I thought it was summer?

I call out for Wong to ask for explanation, but instead of seeing him, my dad floats his way down the stairs wearing a light blue jumper with a dark blue parka jacket and of course, to top it all off, he's wearing his red cloak as always, did I mention he's also holding a cat shaped mug in his hand?

"Mind explaining what in the multiverse is going on here?" I ask him...well, more of a demand.

He takes a sip from his cup and walks to the fireplace and light it up with his orange wiggly woos.

"One of the portals in Antarctica accidentally opened and unfortunately it's connected to our sanctum's portal." Stephen starts, "I hired some people to help take care of this."

"Ah, that explains why Wong was cleaning the windows earlier." I say while looking around, thank god I'm wearing my red and white varsity jacket.

I quickly walk to my room upstairs to look for my oodie and blanket.

Walking upstairs, I could see even more snow, I can barely see any doors because of the fact that they're covered by cold white layers. But I've spent most of my life in this sanctum so I definitely know where the door to my room is.

I walk inside my room. Well more like force myself into it through the solid snow but whatever.

I've always missed this.

Since my university is all the way in LA and I got pretty homesick, I decided to spend my summer holiday staying over at the sanctum with my dad and uncle Wong. I don't really have anything better to do anyway.