A beautiful woman

𝐻𝒶𝓎𝓁𝑒𝓎

As I sat on the bench with the poison in my hand, I keep thinking if I am making a mistake. I know I wouldn't make a good mother, but I would really like to try. Is this baby going to go through pain and suffering like I have, if I bring it into the world? Or would I be making a good choice, and we be happy.

I was so deep in my thoughts that i didn't notice someone sit next to me, until she started talking.

"It's a beautifully hunted nighttime, wouldn't you agree?" The women spoke with a stoic smile, and her voice sounded like it belonged to someone without emotions, as it was monotone with no hint of octave change.

It should have creeped me out that in the middle of the night someone approached me, but surprisingly I actually didn't mind. Thought I was a little wary.

'Her voice sounds lovely though'

"Yeah I guess it does" I answer her question while checking her out, 'I hope she didn't notice'

She turned her gaze from the moon to me, my breath hitched slightly, she had eyes so hunting, like deep obis that wanted me to go into, and never crawl back out of.

"Are you feeling well? I saw you looking rather solemnly at the cup in your hand" her melodic voice snapped me back to reality, 'I didn't want to be brought back'

"Yes I am alright, I just.." I take a deep breath, am I really gonna tell her what I want to do? Or what I need to do?

I take my gaze back to the cup, and tighten my grip on it "I am just facing a difficult decision"

"What kind?" She answered "there are multiple of hard decisions, is it about how to torture someone? I recommend electronic shocks, they are fun" I looked at her in shock just to see her looking at me with small smile, like she just now didn't talk about torture.

What a weird girl

What an unusually beautiful girl

"Actually I am thinking about...abortion" I say with hesitation, you can never know how someone will react to that...some people just can't accept, my body, my choice.

"Do you want to abort an unborn baby? Or a toddler? Or perhaps a teenager? There is never too late for it" she then smiled slightly "but it's true that some people find it weird to abort 17 years later, but it's not their decision!" She then looked up at the moon "I wish I was aborted when I was 17" she looked at her hand then softly murmured "I wish I self aborted" then looked back at me like she just didn't talk about wanting to kill herself, she is waiting for me to say something.

I don't know what to say, but at least I know by the things she told me. She wouldn't judge me. I hope so.

"I am pregnant and I don't know if I will be fit enough mother to take care of it" my voice breaks at the end of the sentence. I didn't expect to be so emotional, my eyes are already hurting from the tears that want to break though.

"I may not know much about being a mother-" she then paused, and took my unoccupied left hand, into both hers.

" but I can tell you will be a great one." She smiled, at least she tried to smile. It looked more like a grimace.
"How can you know?" The tears start to slip, I can't control it anymore, stupid hormones!

She nodded "well I can't know for certain" she then unexpectedly took both of her hands back and got ready to punch me in my stomach. Her hand was just near legs when I let go of the poison and struck my palm out. Her hand never hit mine. I looked at her, my eyes wide.

"Now, we both know you be a great mom." She put both of her hand on her knees. I hugged my stomach and looked into the distance, my eyes unfocused. I was protecting my baby...I will be a good mother...Maybe not the best, but I do everything for my child.

I looked at her once again "Thank you" I told her honestly. She just smiled, a smile almost unnoticeable.
"No mother should feel like she isn't enough"
Is she talking from personal experience? "Oh i just realised, I never got your name" I told her, breaking the sad glint in her eyes.

"My name is Friday Addams, and yours?" She full body turned to me, expecting an answer, before I could give her one, I heard a sound from next to me. I Immediately shot up form my seated position, and turned to my right.

Three tall guys stood in front of me.

"don't you know that Warewolfs are not allowed in the French Quarter"

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Words: 936

Published: 31.8.2022

Edited: 31.12.2022
____________________________________

So I planned this chapter to be slightly different but I decided to dedicate it to my mom,
Unfortunately she is in a  hospital, and I have no idea if she will recover.
So I just wanted to remind myself and others that being a mother is not an easy thing and you should never feel like you can't be one, having doubts about being a good mother is normal. Also if you don't want to be one that's completely fine as well!
Anyway thanks for supporting this book
And especially for the comments you leave! It's fun to read them.
~ HayleyLuna
____________________________________