Familiar Face

"Are you sure this is safe?"

Toga was on the tips of her toes, hands behind her back as she continued to look down at Dabi and Satomi with furrowed brows and a frown.

Dabi remained silent for a few moments, unadmittedly also asking the same thing to himself in his head. He continued to button up his daughter's coat before patting it down to get rid of some creases– a white padded coat that could be turned inside out into black(the semi-perfect runaway disguise).

Satomi had continued to hold and suck on her pacifier feeder full of oranges, a fruit her dad had realized she took a liking to, as she held on to the arm of the couch with her other hand for balance. While she already knew how to walk, her balance was seemed to be lacking.

Once done with the child's clothes, Dabi looks up at Toga with a quirked brow– doing well with hiding his own uneasiness. "Why're you so worried all of a sudden? It's unlike you to think of safety."

Toga pouted her lips and huffed, "Duh, for Sami?" She stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "If heroes try to go and chase us then our first priority is your kid y'know; we dunno if they know the Nakashimas had a kid."

"Wow.... how awefully smart of you." The scarred villain rolled his eyes. "Though I doubt anyone knows the hero couple that died a year ago already had a kid."

"But doesn't 'lil SamSam look like her mom though?"

"Satomi doesn't have a mom."

Toga had pinned her lips together, not knowing what to say or respond with what she just heard. Undeniably, she was taken aback. She looks down at Satomi who was looking up at Dabi with attentive doe eyes as she continued to suckle on her orange-filled pacifier. 'Don't say that in front of her; she can understand you.' To say that in front of the kid herself- if Toga was in Satomi's position, she knew she would have been hurt or confused.

Dabi could sense the discomfort of Toga, so he added; "She doesn't even know what that is anyways."

Toga choked. 'THAT'S NOT ANY BETTER!'

"The only family Satomi has is me; us." Dabi took the now dried pacifier that Satomi handed to him before putting her down to the ground and have her usual balance practice with parental supervision from te scarred villain himself. "I'm her dad; her only parent even though we aren't related by blood. The only other family she has is this little circle of villains that we have."

"Dadiiii!" Satomi whined from the floor, a pout on her lips as Dabi diverted his attention now fully on the kid, combing back the black parts of her hair that stuck to her face from her own saliva. "Gooo gogo!"

She already wanted to go out.

Dabi couldn't help but to chuckle at her impatience. "I gotta prepare your bag, hold on."

...

For regular people, doing something bad or even borderline against the law was thrilling; however, for people like Dabi and Toga who have been forcefully shoved into dirty alleyways and have been labeled 'VILLAIN' with scolding hot iron on their entire existence, being able to freely be in the open with the rest of society like normal people, even if it was just for a few minutes, was somewhat of a luxury.

There the three of them stood by the side of a park in Tokyo, surrounded by regular people living their best lives with childrens' screams and laughter, dogs running around, couples on afternoon walk dates and families having picnics.

This was Satomi's first time in the presence of normal people and she was, undeniably, amazed.

She stood in front of Dabi and Toga, mittened hands instinctively playing with each other to show that while she was excited and curious, she was also scared.