one

A LOUD SMACK WAS HEARD, making me jump out of my thoughts. "Now isn't the time to day dream, your future husband wants a queen, not some stupid princess." Hagrid snapped at me,, she held a small whip in her hand, using it to intimidate me. All she could do was smack me once, then she would be dead. My father would never allow anyone to hit me, but the sound does give me an unsettling feeling in my stomach. Overall, Hagrid was an amazing teacher. She was there more than my own mother. But she of course was busy trying to give Father a son to rule the kingdom. 

"Why would they want me to be smart? I will just sit there, look pretty and bear his children. Brains have nothing to do with it."

"But if he dies, you have to take over until his son is of age or if you remarry. Which only an idiot would do, so I need you to be smart--"

"So I can repay you for everything, I know I know." We both laughed. I set my book down, "I think I'm smarter than my own Father now thanks to you, I just think you want to spend more time with me."

Hagrid rolled her eyes, "Spend time with a child who is practically my daughter?" she paused, "You got me." she gave a sad smile, "I am so proud of who you have become princess... I can't believe you will be leaving me within the next few months."

I could feel my eyes start to water as she said that, oh yeah, I'm about to be 18. I will have to pick my husband and be married off to some other family. "I don't want to leave." I whispered, "This isn't fair, this castle is all I've ever known and my father is just going to kick me out like that? Send me off to some stupid guy to make him the next king? To give birth to children that I don't even know if I want." the tears trickled down my cheeks, "I don't want to be like my mother, I want to be there for my kids. To teach them and love them, I- I don't-"

Hagrid pulled me into a hug, her hand petting my hair and she shushed me kindly, "I know Lily, I know. I hope he allows you to be the mother you want to be, and I hope you do find some kind of love for him. Your mother did, and your uncle found love for his wife." Hagrid tried to cheer me up, but she just never truly understood, we lived in two different worlds. She was able to find a man and fall in love with him, she never had children but she used me and my sisters to replace them, she will with my brother too. 

"This would be easier if you could come with me."

"Lily you know I would love to come with you, but I also need to give your siblings the same love I gave you. Now don't be sad, let's spend our last few months together happy." she pressed her forehead to mine, smiling widely, "I asked Hugh to make some extra cookies for us , let's go before your father finds them." 

I smiled as she wiped my tears away, grabbing her hand as she lead me out of my room. 

"Set me free princess, and you'll never have to say goodbye." 

I stopped mid-step, turning to look around, but there was nothing there. There's never anything there. I told myself, looking back at Hagrid who looked at me with a confused look. "I thought I heard the cat," I lied, grabbing her hand once again as we tried to get to the kitchen. 

"Lily." 

If only Lily knew the future that she holds.

just a small chapter to try and get the feel for everyone! I hope you all are as excited as I am. (if only i had a regular update schedule-)