Chapter Two

Jeremy

Nickolas was the type of boy that not just girls but boys would fond over. He was the football captain at our school, and parents and facility members loved him. He was the guy you also knew would break your heart until you just wished it stopped beating.

After being friends since kindergarten, I knew everything about him. His type, what shampoo he uses, how he makes his hair wavy, and also who he's still stuck up on, Ashley Carter is the biggest bitch in the whole school.

Nick could have any girl he wants, heck, any guy he wants, but he wants Ashley. They broke up a year ago and have been back and forth.

Alex and Nick had been rambling about girls and stuff, but I was too busy focusing on something else.

I remembered everything, I'm sure he does too, but he didn't talk about it since. Which means he didn't like it. I sighed while putting some books in the lockers. Alex and Nick were waiting for me to finish.

"So, who was hooking up with you, Nick?" My eyes peeled at Alex as those words left his mouth.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said, not even sparing me a glance.

"We all heard you. Whoever you were fucking had to be good because we heard from the basement. Jeremy, you should have been there." I was there.

I shut my locker door, causing them both to look at me. "Can we not talk about last night right now?"  I asked, which made Nick a little tense.

"Somebody's mad that they didn't get any-" I punched Alex's stomach, which made him yelp back in pain. Nick was chuckling at Alex's reaction.

"I was joking, Jeremy! Joking!" Alex shouted in pain, but I ignored him, heading into the Chemistry lab with Nick. Who was now trailing behind me. He tapped my shoulder, which made me look up at him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, slightly lowering his voice so nobody could hear.

I just shook my head, avoiding his bright golden green eyes. He nodded and just ushered me into a seat next to him.

*

"So, are you and Ashley still together?" Nolan said while eating one of Alex's fries, causing them to get into a little fight.

"No, you know how she is. One minute she's the girl of my dreams, and then she's the complete opposite."

Nolan sighed, bringing up the following conversation, the one I hated the most.

"You should stay with her. She's a good kisser." Nolan said while grinning. He looked into Nick's eye, obliviously challenging him.

"And she has big tits, man." I groaned in disgust as Nolan kept listing inappropriate features about her making me very uncomfortable.

"You shouldn't." I interrupted him, causing him to look at me confusedly. "I just don't think she's right for you," I said quieter this time.

"What do you know, Jeremy? You're probably still a virgin."

I'm not. I slept with the person you're looking at.

"Whatever, Nolan, at least my only form of entertainment isn't messing with girls and sex." Nolan looked at me sternly.

"You know what I think, Jeremy? You're probably too busy fantasizing about Nick to even think about doing it with a girl." I opened my mouth to talk, but the air in my lungs didn't want to breathe. My eyes buckled towards Nick as he banged the door, interrupting our argument.

"Can you shut it, Nolan?" He growled at him, causing Nolan to scowl at me.

"What, is he your boyfriend or something? Why are you protecting him?" Nolan said eyeing Nick.

Nick looked at me and then locked eyes with Nolan. Nolan just gulped as Nick began to stand up. "Because we have practice, let's go."

I smiled at Nick after I realized why he did that, but after it disappeared. He wasn't doing it for me. He was doing it for himself.

A/N: If you want read my other book my secret boyfriend.