Hate - Y/n x Lando Norris

Angst warning (👿)
TW: Homophobia, Transphobia

Once again Lando scrolled through his Instagram. Since the day he and Y/n came out as a gay couple, every single socialmedia platform he had was full of hate.

Homophobic people hating on him, his 'fans' turning their back on him and next to that, his boyfriend had to go through the same. But worse.

His boyfriend was a trans formula 1 driver, racing for mclaren. He started racing in 2019, just like Lando. He transitioned in the winter break in-between 2019 and 2020.

His fan base was made of queer people, he often had conversations with them in a discord server he made. Fans weren't used to talk to f1 drivers and were really happy to talk to him. His server was made from 200-300 people which meant he could easily include everyone.

That was one of the small things Lando loved about Y/n, he never left anyone out. If he and the twich quartet were hanging out and someone couldn't finish his phraze, Y/n would always make sure everyone could say what they wanted to say.

Lando felt awful scrolling through his Instagram, he rarely posted a picture of him and Y/n. Not because he didn't want to show of his handsome boyfriend but because the hate those pictures got was unbearable.

Even when Y/n commented "Good luck for Austria 💪" on one of Lando's racing posts, people were replying with "That's gay" or "Faggots" while all he did was wishing his boyfriend and best friend goodluck.

Warm tears prickled down Lando's face, slowly but surely wetting his shirt. He slightly jumped when he felt a warm hand wrap around his shoulder. "Shh it's me, it's okay" a soft voice whispered, hearing that voice made Lando relax immediately.

"Have you been scrolling on Instagram again?" Y/n asked as the slightly older (but shorter) one nodded. Y/n let out a sigh, "You know what I told you" Y/n said, he didn't sound angry or disappointed, he sounded hurt.

"I know but I was curious about what people where saying and I know it was a bad idea but I was just curious and I'm so sorry-" Lando blurted out as Y/n cut him off, "Shhh, breath baby" he said on a soothing tone.

"I'm sorry, you have it so much worse and you get dead named and missgendered you should be the one complaining." Lando whispered as Y/n cupped his cheeks with his hands, making Lando look up at him "You apologise to much" Y/n said, a small smile plastered on his face, Lando wanted to say something but Y/n cut him off before he could even begin. "Don't say the s word again" Lando giggled "I kinda want too" Y/n chuckled, "Don't"

"Fine" Lando said, that silly smile Y/n liked so much was back on his face. Y/n gently pressed his lips against Lando's, "I love you Lando, just ignore all those people calling you things." Y/n said, he knew those things hurt Lando. Lando had always been sensitive.

"I try" Lando mumbled under his breath "I know, and even just for that. I'm proud of you" Y/n answered.

"And about the hate, what if we make a private account and we only add people who are respectful. If anyone isn't, we just block them" Y/n suggested, "You fucking genius!" Lando exclaimed as he took his phone to make an account.

The hate wouldn't totally stop, they knew that. But it would be less and that made them feel a lot better about everything.

Y/n send a message in the "social media" text channel of the discord server to ask his fans if they wanted to be added to be accepted to see and comment on their private account. Most of his fans immediately reply with their username and got followed by Y/n and Lando.

After this they still got some hate, but also so much more support. Neighter of them posted pictures on their main account, which got the haters confused and started a lot of rumors that they broke up but as lo'g as they where together they didn't care.

Together they stood strong.

Awful and short chapter but I had this idea in my head lol
Love y'all and hope you enjlyed
-Alex