O35. INTENSITY AT ITS FINEST

Start from the beginning

"He works too hard, good for him," someone else piped in and then did everyone notice that Daniela was there. They all looked at her and Dream grabbed her arm, placing her next to him.

"This is Daniela," Dream introduced. "She is Ivan's daughter." When he noticed the tension in the room was starting to increase, he immediately spoke again. "Daniela is under my protection. If any of you try to kill her or do any harm, you will face my men and we will take you to the White Room."

Everyone mindlessly agreed before they all sat down. Dream and Daniela sat next to one another for her safety and for his sanity, and waited until Mr. V stood up.

"I have called this meeting to announce that we have captured Ivan," everyone silently cheered, "as of today, Ivan is now dead and has left a fortune that he needed to pay back."

Daniela felt her chest heavy. He was never a great father or a person, but it was still the last parent she had. Yes, she had Dolores and Mr. V, but her dad was there for her in the beginning in the absence of her mother and he had memories of who her mother was. She was his daughter.

So, she grabbed Dream's hand under the table as some type of reminder she wasn't entirely alone. She was waiting for him to jerk back, but he simply squeezed her hand back. He knew what it felt like to lose both parents, so he grabbed her hand back after it caught him off guard.

"On the other hand," Mr. V said, "we have now had a big spike of Pixie. A poor woman came to me three days ago that her son had been given food. They had assumed it was food poisoning, but his skin started to glow almost as if it was made out of glitter. Now, Daniela has also been a victim of Pixie, she did survive, but we are now wondering where the drug is suddenly coming from."

"Contact the police you know, Quackity," Dream instructed. "They respect your casino so it's better if you ask them about the spike of Pixie because people are getting sick and you're worried."

Quackity nodded and stood up, walking away, leaving everyone to understand the news handed to them.

"In the meantime," Dream continued, "we will have the gala in two days. Prepare to make amends with the people that will be coming. I also don't want no one to be fighting. It is my gala so I don't want to see dead bodies. Got it?"

"Yes, sir."

"Meeting is over."

They all moved to walk out and Daniela was more impressed of the fact that it didn't take long to speak. Though, she was still in brief shock at her father's death announcement and then did she remember that she was holding Dream's hand.

"Daniela," Mr. V stepped in and passed her a note, "we had invaded your house and found this letter from your mother. We didn't find much but, it was hidden under the mattress of your dad's."

Now she wasn't upset. There was a reason why her dad kept it hidden, but as much as she wanted to open it... she wasn't ready. She wasn't ready to continue to face the whole entire thing between her and her parents. She had a jerk of a dad, an asshole, and her mother tried running away because of him. She wasn't ready yet.

"Do you want to go back to your room?" Dream leaned down to whisper in Daniela's ear and she nodded before turning to look at Mr. V.

"Thank you," she smiled a little, grabbing his hand. "This means a whole lot to me so... thank you for giving me this instead of giving it away. Not a lot of people are like that so thank you, Mr. V."

"Of course, Daniela," Mf. V slowly nodded.

As she walked away, Dream quickly followed after her up to her room. He knew she was overwhelmed but, he was very wrong with how she felt because she threw herself on her bed with a small smile on her face.

"You're... smiling."

"My father's death did hurt," Daniela confessed, "but he did it to himself because of the actions he could've prevented if he hadn't stolen." She raised the white envelope. "This is a letter that my mother gave me. I will feel close to her again once I read it when I'm ready. I am not entirely upset."

Dream sighed and nodded, sitting down where he previously sat. Daniela stood up and she smiled at him.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"For holding my hand," she said, nervously looking at him. "It's not a lot but, it did reassure me a whole lot more than you think. I know we aren't close in any way, but it was nice to know that I can confide in you."

They both stared at each other and Dream scoffed and shook his head. His hand was near hers, fingertips and fingertips almost touching. Such pull seemed to be wanting to get their hands together, but what they did was just a one time thing. So, they both stared at their hands.

"I know how it feels like to lose both parents, Daniela," he admitted. "My dad was never a good father, but he and my mom were all I had left. I understand how you feel which is why I held your hand."

They both continued to stare at each other, eyes meeting eyes, fingertips meeting fingertips, and their legs touching each other's. The electrifying pull, the heat forming in the pit of Daniela's stomach, and the way Dream started to feel hot in his suit, had them both separate.

"I better go," Dream mumbled as they continued to stare at one another. "I have to check some documents for Sapnap."

"It's fine," Daniela smiled at him and he nodded his head before walking off. Though, he stopped at the door and glanced at her over his shoulder.

"I can't wait to see you in your dress."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

So, I will not mention this
user but, guys this book
isn't finished 😭 yes, it
takes me months to write,
but don't be rude by saying
that "you're not done yet?
it's been months!" and mention
how it took you 4 hours to
finish this book and you cant wait
for 2 months for the next one

It's hard to write, especially when
you're not in the fandom anymore
or when you have writers block. Idk
if this user was joking (don't attack
please), but it does make me feel bad
because I do feel sorry for the lack of
chapters and how long it takes me. So
I'm sorry 🥲 please be patient

It is hard to write. Sympathize with
writers. Do not be mean ❤️