blowing off leaves

Start from the beginning

She got her self some stew and ate it happily "I just hope they can run a clean race tomorrow, a lot of ponies are joining in and someone could get hurt if they decided to play dirty"

Twilight sighed "maybe we should keep an eye on them?"

"How" Spike asked

"Entering the running" Twilight replied "I know moonbeam already has" she gave a pointed look to her sister, there words 'take it easy' didn't need to be said as moonbeam rolled her eyes "but I'm gonna enter too"

"Oh, what about me" Spike asked

"Oh well i don't think the race is a good idea for you spike but I'm sure you'll find something to do!"

Spike huffed before leaving the table and stomping off upstairs.

Moonbeam frowned before following spike "Hey, you don't really want to enter the race do you?" She asked the baby dragon curiously.

"No, but it be nice to have the choice" Spike huffed.

"So what would you like to do?" Moonbeam asked and spike looked at her confused.

"It be fun to do the announcing again.." Spike replied cautiously.

"You did a pretty good job today" Moonbeam smiled at spike who looked at her with wide hopeful eyes.

"You think so!?"

"Yep!"

"Thanks moony" the little dragon wrapped his paws around her front hooves in a hug and moonbeam nuzzled him before lightly pushing him away "me and Twilight love you spike, your like a little brother to us, you can always come to us if something is bothering you"

The two got settled into bed as Twilight was cleaning up dinner, spike had a commic book and moonbeam was reading about princess lunas star constilations and their meanings.

The moon princess often had dreams about the future and painted them in the sky with her stars. It was a fascinating book.

Soon it was lights out and the three went to sleep full of anticipation for the next days events.

......................................................................

The morning was a bit of a rush to be out the door and moonbeam and Twilight were waiting in line to get their numbers for the race.

Spike had gone off with pinkie pie to help with the commentating. Pinkie saw spikes downtrod look and had offered to let him help her which moonbeam and Twilight where greatful for.

Kept spike out of trouble and he got to have fun with pinkie.

Once they had their numbers the twins made their way to the starting line where applejack and rainbow where exchanging trash talk whislt doing their warm ups.

"Morning girls" Moonbeam chirped happily whilst Twilight simply nodded.

"Oh hey moonbeam, Twilight? What in tarnation are you doin' up here?" Applejack asked shocked.

"I'm racing" Twilight replied with a smile.

Rainbow laughed and moonbeam felt a spark of hurt from Twilight, she frowned at rainbow "Good one, Twilight." Rainbow scoffed

"I'm not joking" Twilight replied sternly glaring at the pegasus

"You guys do realise our brother is captain of the guard right?" Moonbeam stated

"And?" Rainbow asked

"We helped him train, both of us" moonbeam replied smuggly

"OK, I get moonbeam, but twilight's an egghead!"