blowing off leaves

Start from the beginning

Moonbeam didn't know what the point of this was because the challenges wouldn't be fair as the two had very different talents. Applejack was strong, rainbow was fast.

Moonbeam watched the tasks as applejack won one and then rainbow won one however moonbeam noticed almost all the times.rainbow won she had used her wings.

She wanted to say something but applejack never said rainbow couldn't use her wings and so moony kept her muzzle shut.

Finally it came to the last challenge and once again rainbow won with the use of her wings.

Moonbeam saw applejack flush red as rainbow decided to gloat so moony jumped a few steps and galloped to applejack and rainbow to stand between them.

"I AM THE IRON PONY!" Rainbow cheered. Applejack growled and jabbed rainbow in the chest as she replied with "Only 'cuz ya cheated!"

Rainbows head snapped to face apple jack as she snarled "what!"

"You used your wingpower to help you win over half those contests!" Applejack cried, eyes determined and ears forward.

"Sounds like sour apples to me." Rainbow scoffed and moonbeam shook her head

"Are you sayin' you DIDN'T use yer wings?"applejack challenged.

Rainbows ears went back as she scratched the back of her head awkwardly as she replied hesitantly "Well...no..." before her ears came back up and said "well you never said I couldn't!"

Applejack blanched for a minute, steering at the blue pony to see if she was serious before snapping ": I didn't think I NEEDED t'tell ya t'play FAIR!"

"Easy applejack" moonbeam whispered gently pulling the farm pony back a bit.

"I still would have won even without my wings!" Rainbow declared stubbornly.

Moonbeam looked where Twilight was and saw her and spike walking away from the competitive ponies whilst shaking her head.

Moonbeam sighed, she'd get Twilight back for leaving her here in the middle of this.

"Prove it!" Applejack scoffed and narrowed her eyes at the pegasus.
"Gladly. How?" Rainbow was quick to reply.

Applejack thought for a minute before tapping her hoof "Tomorrow's the annual Runnin' of the Leaves." She said before turning to rainbow with a sly grin

"I challenge you t'race me in it." She finished

Rainbow smiled and her eyes gleamed "Easy-shmeasy"

Applejack shook her head and put up a hoof stopping rainbow from zooming off " There is one condition.

The point is to RUN, so no wings allowed."

Rainbow landed as she steered at applejack  "No wings?" She asked unsure before putting on a brave fave before saying "no problem"

The two spat into their hooves making moonbeam cringe and turned away

On the way home moonbeam thought about the race tomorrow and how much fun she was gonna have and she hoped her friends didn't do anything to ruin the race.

Moonbeam made it hope and yawned before glaring at twilight and spike who where sat eating vegetable stew.

"How could you leave me! Applejack looked ready to murder!" Moonbeam snapped

"I'm sure you had it handled" Twilight replied "now come get dinner"

Moonbeam wanted to say something else but her stomach growled and she let out air as she deflated.