𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬. (𝐭𝐰𝐨)

Start from the beginning

"Um, he quit," you muttered hoping Steven would get the hint to shut up already. But he never does.

"Man, I'd kill to play college ball," he claims.

"He can always change his mind," Susannah says.

"I'm not gonna change my mind. I was just gonna sit on the bench all season anyway," Conrad adds. You took his hand in yours giving it a squeeze. He looks to you appreciatively.

"Well, if you're not playing football anymore, what are you gonna do all summer?" Laurel asks Conrad.

"Oh, dude, you can work at the club. Yeah, with me and Jere," Steven says.

"Yeah," Jeremiah adds.

"I'm not gonna work at the club," Conrad responds.

"How about the marina?" you told him.

"I don't know, I don't think I could do much there."

"Wait, you guys are working this summer?" Belly questions.

"Yeah, I'm lifeguarding, and Steven's working at the snack shop," Jere answers, fist-bumping with Steven.

"Oh, Y/N and Belly, I almost forgot. I have a surprise for you two," Susannah claims while handing Belly and you white envelopes.

"Wh-wh-what is that?' Steven asks looking over to you and Belly.

"I wrangled Belly and Y/n an invitation to be debutantes! Y/N is a year or two late to join but I pulled some strings and if she wants to do it she can," Susannah says, smiling to both you and Belly.

"White dresses and curtsies, right?" you ask.

"I cannot believe you are still holding on to this archaic dream," your mom says to Susannah.

"It's when a girl comes of age and is presented to society. I-I know it sounds silly, but I swear it's fun," she answers warmly.

"Don't they do a charity thing too?" you said while remembering your friend Nicole do it last year with her escort. (side-note: Nicole and Conrad aren't a thing in this at all)

"Yeah! You know, it's kinda a bat mitzvah,"

"There is nothing religious about a debutante ball," Laurel claims.

You stared at the letter while Susannah and your mom talked. There was really no debate on whether or not you would do this. You had nothing else planned for the entire summer, and it would be nice to meet new people in Cousins. Maybe you could convince either Conrad or someone else to take you.

"The whole deb scene is bullshit... It's for sheep."

"I'll do it," you say at the same time as Conrad makes his little statement, slightly glaring at him before looking back to Susannah.

"And, I'll think about it." Belly adds.

"Think about it like this, we can have some sister bonding time without these heathens following us around," you say to her grabbing her hand across the table.

"Hey!" Steven sneered at me.

"Oh, shut up as if we don't spend enough time together," you scoff jokingly.

Being twins with Steven automatically made you two closer and spend more time together. You tried your best to include Belly into the things, but you were usually outnumbered by the rest of them.

"Yeah, that would be great," she responds, smiling back at you.

"We got one already, and she says she'll think about it," Susannah says happily.