Rengoku: Never!

???: Do you honestly think I didn't notice that impressive aura of yours? You are definitely a Hashira. It would be too sad if you never reached the highest level.

Rengoku: I am the Flame Hashira. Kyojuro, my name.

The demon smiles.

???: I'm Akaza, the third Upper Moon. Accept my invitation and become a demon, then you can train so much longer and become the strongest.

Rengoku: I will never accept this invitation. Just because we eventually die, life is so precious. If we never die, what's worth living for?

Akaza narrows his eye and stomps the ground.

Akaza: So you made your choice. Technique Development...

A light blue snowflake-shaped compass appears below Akaza.

Akaza: Destructive death... compass needle!

Akaza runs towards Rengoku and a fierce fight ensues between the two. The heroes would like to intervene, but they are stuck in fear. Izuku finally arrives, with his mask on and jumps off the roof with his sword drawn.

Izuku: Water Breathing: Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin

Izuku lunges at Akaza and manages to catch his arm, but his sword doesn't go all the way through. Akaza wants to punch Izuku, but he and Rengoku quickly jump backwards.

Izuku: I couldn't get through.

Rengoku: That's because he's one of the Twelve Kizuki. Upper Moon Three, Akaza!

Izuku's eyes widen at that.

Izuku: An upper moon!

Rengoku: I'll be honest with you, you're not on the level to win against this opponent alone.

Izuku: I won't let you fight him alone!

Rengoku looks at Izuku before nodding at him with a smile.

Rengoku: Then take care of yourself, focus on your breathing, then you can cut through him.

Izuku nods at him and the two run towards Akaza. Izuku somehow tries to catch up or attack Akaza, but he can't really keep up, the only thing he can do is block the attacks. Suddenly, Akaza jumps into the air.

Akaza: Destructive death... Air Type!

He punches the air and Rengoku and Izuku get hit by something. Izuku feels like a couple of his ribs are broken from this, but he immediately understands how Akaza does it. Rengoku seems to get it too.

Rengoku: Flame Breathing: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!

Izuku: Water Breathing: Sixth Form: Whirlpool!

Rengoku swings his sword in a circular motion, blocking a multitude of attacks from Akaza. Izuku twists his upper and lower body, creating a whirlpool of air that cuts the air projectiles caught in it.  Rengoku charges at Akaza with flames pursuing him. The two fight each other while Izuku approaches from behind to attack him. He manages to hit Akaza from behind, but Akaza quickly turns and grins at Izuku.

Akaza: You're not necessarily weak either!

He smacks Izuku on the shoulder, he flies backwards a bit and his shoulder is dislocated. Izuku lands and clenches his teeth. He grabs his shoulder and straightens his shoulder again. He runs back into the fight and the three continue fighting bitterly, Rengoku and Izuku manage to hit Akaza a few times but he always heals himself. Meanwhile, Rengoku is in a much worse state than Izuku as Akaza is more focused on him. Akaza rams his fist into Izuku's stomach, he spits out blood and is thrown into a building. Rengoku and Akaza now face each other.

Akaza: Kyojuro if you don't accept my offer you will die today.

Rengoku: I will never become a demon.

Rengoku goes into a fighting stance.

Rengoku: Flame Breathing: Ninth Form: Rengoku!

Rengoku races towards Akaza at a speed almost undetectable by the human eye, the things in his path is destroyed and he himself appears to become a Japanese dragon on fire. Akaza runs towards Rengoku, he doesn't even try to dodge. The two collide and a huge explosion happens, the heroes watch in shock. Izuku drags himself to the hole in the building, his eyes widening in shock as the smoke clears. There Rengoku and Akaza are standing, but Akaza has his arm rammed through Rengoku and Rengoku has his sword halfway through Akaza's neck.

Izuku: No... I have to help him cut off his head!

Gritting his teeth, he runs towards them with his sword, the two struggle with each other, Rengoku holds him and Akaza tries to break free as the sun slowly rises. But before Izuku can reach him, Akaza breaks free and starts running. Izuku, upset that Akaza is running away like that, yells after him.

Izuku: Stay here you coward! If you think you've won, you're wrong! We are the ones who won! We always fight in the dark of night where you have an advantage! And now you're running away like that?! Stay here you coward!

But Akaza doesn't stay he just keeps running away. Izuku collapses to his knees, holding his side.

Rengoku: Calm down.

Izuku looks at Rengoku in shock that he still has the strength to speak.

Rengoku: You've done well Izuku, you're going to be a great Hashira one day.... Please tell my family I'm sorry. Tell my brother not to give up and my father to take care of himself....

And with that, Kyojuro Rengoku drew his last breath. The heroes want to help and question Izuku, but several black cars pull up and several men and women come out. Also Hitomi with her mask comes out of the car and runs to Izuku. She arrives just as Izuku blacks out.

To be continued.