Chapter 2: The Training and The Final Selection

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's the next day, the sun is slowly setting as Izuku and Urokodaki walk up the mountain. The day wasn't a good one for Izuku, he had to go back to school and of course he was asked why he was absent for three days. He couldn't tell them that he tried to kill himself and that a man in a Tengu mask saved him. So he had to go back to the good old lie of "I wasn't feeling well".

Since the teachers themselves don't really like Izuku because he's quirkless, they accept it without asking too much. All but one teacher. Irina Jelavić, even if she is referred to as a bitch by most, is a good teacher who likes her job and cares about the children. But Izuku could fool her too.

(For your information, in this story, Izuku is in the second year of middle school.)

The sun has already set when the two arrive at the top of the mountain. Izuku is breathing hard, but Urokodaki doesn't seem to have any problems.

Urokodaki: From here you have to find your way to my hut on your own. Do this before the sun comes up.

Urokodaki is surrounded by fog before he disappears. That shocked but also impressed Izuku.

Izuku: I'm supposed to find my way, it's actually not a problem with my sense of smell. But that can't be all.

While Izuku is discussing with himself he does not notice that a rope is stretched in front of him that he is stepping on. The rope activates a trap that throws stones at him.

Izuku: Of course, he set traps everywhere. He wouldn't make it that easy for me, but the traps have a slight smell on them. This is how I can find them.

Izuku runs away, but many traps still hit him.

Izuku: Damn it, that's tough. The air is so thin up here. I have to calm my breathing if I want to make it in time.

Izuku takes a deep breath and starts running again, still being hit by traps. He can sense them, but he's not quick enough to avoid them. After a while Izuku arrives at the hut again, he opens the door, breathing heavily, but with a smile on his face.

Izuku: I did it.

And then he falls asleep on the floor.

Urokodaki: I wasn't mistaken about you, I'm glad Izuku.

The days go by, Izuku is getting faster, more agile and stronger, but this makes his training even harder. The traps of Urokodaki are getting deadlier and Izuku has to carry a sword with him. After finishing the run down the mountain, he has to swing a sword over a thousand times a day. In addition there is the sword training with Urokodaki where Izuku has to attack him with a sword and he is unarmed himself. Needless to say, who wins ... right it's Urokodaki. Then comes breathing training, where Urokodaki teaches Izuku all forms of the water breathing. The next step was to become one with the water. During the training, Izuku is kicked off a cliff into a river by Urokodaki.

Even if the training is hell, Izuku has to say that it is worth it. He is faster, stronger and more agile than before. Most of the traps don't even hit him anymore and he becomes more skillful with the sword. But one day Urokodaki said something that surprised Izuku.

Urokodaki: I have nothing more to teach you.

After a full year he said that to Izuku.

Urokodaki: The rest is up to you now, will you be able to apply what I have taught you? Follow me.

The two continue into the forest before arriving at a place with a huge boulder. The boulder is almost twice the size of Izuku.

Urokodaki: If you manage to cut this boulder, I will allow you to take part in the final selection.