She sighed, the best part of her nights and summer in general was hanging out with Onika. She turned off her light, and placed her flashlight by her nightstand. She climbed into bed, hugging her plushie Onika had won her last year at the county fair. The same place they were supposed to be going tomorrow.

She smiled softly at her nightstand, she saw her flashlight—along with a photo of Onika and her with huge sunglasses and sunburnt bodies from when they were little kids.

That was her last sight before drifting off to sleep.

She remembers waking up that day, she was excited. She got up earlier than her older sister just to rush to the shower before her. She hummed her favorite micheal jackson song, before turning off the hot water and letting her honey curls bounce. She was so happy her mom allowed her to dye her hair blonde.

She grinned as she made it back to her room and picked out an outfit, red converse, jean shorts, and a tank top. She didn't bother eating breakfeast, she wanted her stomach to be full of carnival food. She spent the next hour waking up her father and forcing him to drive her and Onika to the fair in which he agreed.

The last job was to run over to Onikas and make sure she's ready, she ran down the stairs; proceeding to bump into her sister who yelled at her but Beyoncé didn't care. She ran out the door and made her less than a minute walk to Onikas house. Which was really just a few steps.

She knocked on her door, shifting weight on her leg over and over. It took a moment for anyone to respond, she knocked again and the door opened a bit cracked. She frowned, Onika usually greeted her with a huge grin or told her to get out. But she knew today she wouldn't do the ladder.

"Hey, you ready? My dads getting his keys as we speak." Beyoncé said and Onikas eyes widened slightly before nodding. The door wasn't all the way open, only half way. Beyoncé frowned and tried to get to budge but Onika had stopped her.

"I—I-It's stuck. Weird bolts. I'll be ready really soon, I woke up later than usual.." She mumbled. And Beyoncé just nodded with slight concern. "You alright?" She asked and Onika nodded, but she didn't look her in the eye.

Beyoncé was worried but she let it slide, Onika got in certain moods around her period. She shut the door on Beyoncé and within 10 minutes she was ready. Beyoncé looked at her a bit strange, she wore a normal t shirt but she was wearing slighty baggy jeans.

"Onika, do you know how damn hot is ?" Beyoncé asked and Onika just nervously laughed. "Yeah, I know. All my jean shorts were dirty. Let's just go alright?" She asked with a small smile and Beyoncé nodded—she still had hesitance in her actions.

Onika was acting weird.

When they had gotten into the car she didn't speak much, and Beyoncé was a bit thrown off. When they had reached the carnival Onika started to get back to her usual self, she was laughing, jokingly insulting Yonce—and smiling.

She liked this Onika better.

They were currently waiting in line to play a game, Beyoncé wanted to win something for Onika this year. Onika stood beside her, proceeding to fan herself because of how hot it was. She turned to Beyoncé, "Yonce, I'm gonna head to the bathroom." She stated and Beyoncé looked at her with disgust.

"The porta potty? Those are always so gross." Beyoncé stated looking at Onika and Onika rolled her eyes, "You think I wanna use that junk? I've been holding in my piss for ever. I won't be long." Onika said, she passed Beyoncé her slushie and the blonde proceeded to drink out of it as Onika walked away.

She heard her yell, "If I take too long—meet me at the fun house!" She shouted and Beyoncé gave her a thumbs up before she fully walked away and disappeared into the crowd.