Nighty-night

Depuis le début

"Ok, Professor. Thank you."

"Of course, now I suggest you both head back to your tower and get some sleep."

We nodded and Harry grabbed the cloak while I got one last glance at my parents. I didn't know if I would ever see them like this, standing next to me, so I was trying to savor the moment. 

Harry did the same and we both left after. 

"She has red hair, you know," said Harry as we walked back to the tower, "And my dad has glasses like mine."

"Runs in the family, I guess," I stated and he smiled. "My mum looked basically like me you know. A few features different and my dad looked like my uncle just much much younger."

"Do you think we'll ever see them again?" asked Harry, "I mean I know that wasn't really them, but it was something."

"I don't know," I replied honestly, "Even if we don't see them physically, they're here with us. Whether it's on the Quidditch Pitch, or in our classes, we carry who our parents were with us."

"That was well said," stated Harry and I smiled. 

We finally arrived at the tower and walked in after giving the woman in the painting our password. We walked up the stairs and stopped right before our dorms. 

"Good night, Harry," I said. 

"Good night, princess."

"Still hate the nickname."

"And I still don't care."

--

The holiday break ended two days after our interaction with Professor Dumbledore and I eagerly headed to the entrance of the castle waiting for Hermione. 

Ron and Harry didn't wake up and I wasn't waiting for the two idiots so I just left. 

"Mione!" I yelled once I saw her bushy brown hair. 

She ran towards me and then pulled me into a hug. 

"Welcome back, Hermione."

"Thank you, Y/n, as much as I love going home, I have to say I missed Hogwarts."

"Well, let me tell you something, you definitely missed a lot," I said smiling. 

"Really? Did you find out who Nicholas Flamel is?"

"Well, no."

"Oh, then did you find out what Fluffy is guarding?"

"Um, nope."

"Ok...did you find out anything about the situations with Fluffy and Nicholas Flamel?"

"Well...no, ok, let me rephrase what I said. You definitely missed a lot outside the scope of our little mission," I said realizing we had completely ignored Flamel for the last few days of break. "Look, we got bored and we almost got caught by Filch and Snape you know."

Hermione and I walked towards the Great Hall for breakfast and I explained everything that had happened. Including our Christmas gifts, the mirror, and the library incident. 

"Someone gave you, an eleven-year-old, a sword?" asked Hermione and I nodded, "Especially the one that belonged to Merlin and King Arthur themselves."

"Looks like it."

"And I thought Harry and Ron were the most reckless people that I was going to meet in my life," said Hermione and I laughed. 

--

"Hermione, did you have a nice holiday?" asked Harry as we arrived at the spot on the table where he and Ron were. 

"I did actually," replied Hermione, "Sounds like you all did too."