Chapter 2

Steve and Maeve Harrington were always best friends. No matter what happened they promised that they would always be there for each other. With that they were constantly beside each other. You couldn't see one without the other right there. Spending so much time together caused them to know each other.

Steve could see Maeve's emotions even when she didn't say a word and vice versa. That how Steve could tell that his twin wasn't happy with her boyfriend anymore. He could see right through her fake smiles and laughs. He could see that she didn't mean it anymore when she said 'I love you' to Cecil. He knew it wasn't anything against him just everything to do with Maeve's liking of girls.

That's why he made it his mission to get his little sister to 'meet' his co-worker. He hadn't told Maeve that said co-worker was none other than Robin Buckley, the girl Maeve came home everyday talking so highly of. 

As Steve pulled up to the Starcourt Mall he looked over at his twin who just looked bored. "I promise you're gonna like her, Mae," he said as he put the car in park. He tried to park as close as he could to the doors because he knew Maeve wasn't the biggest fan of walking.

"I just don't understand why I just had to meet your co-worker. Do you like her or something, Stevie," Maeve said with a slight joking tone and a sly smirk. 

"What? No, absolutely not. No way. You're delusional," Steve rushed out. He shook his head at the thought of even looking at Robin as anything other than a perfect match for his sister.

Maeve looked at Steve sideways, "Jeez, okay sorry. No need to be defensive, Steve."

"Sorry, it's just- nevermind. Let's just go," Steve said as he got out.

Maeve followed him as he walked into the busy mall. Steve lead Maeve across to Scoops Ahoy, looking back every five seconds to make sure she was still behind him. Maeve stayed close to Steve as she didn't feel like getting lost. Even with her twin being the former 'King' of Hawkins High, Maeve never liked attention or really people in general. She had her exceptions, like when she was forced to talked to Robin because they were lab partners. 

Maeve felt her cheeks heat up at the thought of the short haired brunette girl. She never knew why but Robin made her nervous and anytime she thought of her she smiled and felt her cheeks become warm. It was weird to Maeve because even though she didn't like talking to new people she never got nervous or flustered. She only got like that with Robin.

She was pulled out of her thoughts as Steve grabbed her hand to lead her into the ice cream shop. "Maeve I would like you to meet-," Steve stopped as he was interrupted by Maeve's confused voice.

"Robin? You're Steve's new co-worker?"

"Maeve? What- Did he not tell you?" Robin asked confused. Why wouldn't Steve just tell Maeve that they were co-workers? He knew they were friends so its not like he didn't know they knew each other.

Maeve and Robin both turned their heads towards Steve only to see him disappear into the back room. Maeve walked up towards Robin with a confused look on her face.

"Well why would he? He doesn't know that we know each other," Maeve stated with a confused tone.

"What? Yes he does. He told me yesterday. He told me that he 'makes it his mission to know all of his sister's friends' although he did act kinda weird, but I just figured he was nervous or something since it was his first day working," Robin explained.

"Well he told me he wanted me to 'meet' you."

"I don't know. He's your brother," Robin joked while looking at the blonde girl in front of her. Robin knew that she found girls attractive and she also knew that she found one specific girl attractive. The girl in front of her was dating the second most popular guy in school so she knew that she shouldn't like her but she couldn't help it.

Maeve laughed at that and Robin watched as he crystal blue eyes crinkled and how when she smiled a dimple appeared on her left cheek. Robin Buckley liked Maeve Harrington and knew it. Robin knew she could never say anything because she didn't want to lose Maeve as a friend.

Robin was snapped out of her thoughts and stopped admiring the Harrington twin in front of her as Steve came out of the back and walked over to Robin. "Hey why don't you go talk to Maeve and I'll scoop ice cream," Steve said lowly to Robin with a small smile.

Robin looked at him with a half thankful look and a half confused look, "Um, okay. Come on Maeve we can talk in the back."

"Okay, I'll be back there in a second," Maeve said to the girl behind the counter. Robin nodded and went to the back. Maeve however walked up closer to Steve and hit him on the shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me your co-worker was Robin freaking Buckley," Maeve hissed towards her twin.

Steve shrugged innocently. "I didn't think it would be a problem. You know unless there's something you're not telling me," he looked at her knowingly.

Maeve knew that she liked Robin as more than a friend but she had chosen to ignore it. She didn't know what these feelings were so she pretended like they weren't there. She wasn't used to not knowing what her own heart wanted. She was with Cecil and she couldn't hurt him like that. She didn't know what she was feeling but she knew she loved Cecil just not like he loved her. She was trying to give herself time because she didn't want to make a choice she would regret.

Maeve rolled her eyes at Steve's antics. "I don't know what you think you keep hinting at but we're talking about it later," Maeve said, annoyed. Steve was always hinting at something but never said anything straight out. Maeve huffed and shot Steve one more annoyed look as she walked to the back to hang out with Robin. 

Maeve hung out at Scoops Ahoy all day with Robin and Steve. She could've gone anywhere in the mall but she enjoyed spending time with Robin. Of course Robin didn't mind because she got to hang out with the girl she admired so much. All day Robin got to hear Maeve's laugh and look into her blue eyes and watched as anytime she shook her head she took her hand and ran it through her hair as if shaking her head would mess it up. All day Robin got to see the beautiful girl she couldn't even tell the truth to.

*******

As the day came to an end, Robin said goodbye to the Harrington twins and took one last look at Maeve as she turned around to go find her ride. Maeve and Steve went to the parking lot to find his car and as they walked Maeve brought up what had happened hours ago.

"So, Stevie boy, you wanna tell me what this thing is that you know and I don't?" Maeve started.

"First of all don't call me that. Second, I can't tell you because you have to figure it out by yourself," Steve responded.

"Well if you know why can't you just tell me? And also if I have to 'figure it out' then it obviously has something to do with me so just tell me," Maeve argued back impatiently.

"Mae, I would love to but I can't."

"You can't or you won't? Steve, you know how oblivious I can be so just tell me. Please," Maeve begged.

"Mae I can't tell you how you feel. I've told you that I don't think you're happy with Cecil and then I make you 'meet' Robin even though I knew you already knew each other. That's all I'm tell you," Steve said before getting into the car.

Maeve groaned as she threw herself into the car. "Fine, whatever."

A/N

Hey guys! So I feel like I should've said this last chapter but whatever. So these first few chapters are going to be focused a lot on Maeve coming to terms with her sexuality and figuring things out. I'll start with the show on season 3 episode 1 so there will be spoilers for season 3 for anyone who hasn't watched it for any reason. Okay thank you:)

~Alora~