But it went great the date went so well but then she kissed me on the end of it and once I started kissing back she pulled away and just left saying she'll call me...."

"Has she?"

"What?"

"Has she called?" Joseph clarified.

"No..."

"Give her one more day, if she doesn't call you or let you know anything shoot her a text saying what you thought about the date." Joseph said, his voice sincere and serious. It warmed Adeline's heart hearing and seeing her brother so cared for by the person she loved, and her brother loving the person she ended up with, even when her parents didn't, she could and will always count on her brother.

"What if it was a prank then?"

"Then she's bullshit, like a bully and a dumb baby who's still stuck in preschool, how old is she?"

"23, just a few days older than me."

"Then she should be mature enough to know not to play with someone's feelings and other wise she isn't worth your or time or just you in general."

"Yeah," he whispered, before turning clearer again, "You're right you guys are always right it's really annoying."

"We love you tooooo," Joseph teased.

"Alright, I do have to hang up though it's getting quite late here."

"yeah, speak tomorrow?" Addie asked, hoping he will come to them again for advice or just saying how it went.

"Of course."

"Sleep well, I love you."

"Love you too."

"That girl better be serious about this date," Adeline mumbled when he hung up. She rolled onto her side so she could look at Joseph. He loosened his arms around her allowing her to position herself better and look him in the eye.

"Anyone would be lucky to go on a date with Jack if she can't see that I'll buy her some decent glasses."

Adeline giggled before correcting him, "No we would give her a note with a good glasses shop... I'm not giving my money to a morron like that."

Joseph laughed at her before wrapping his arms tighter around her again, allowing her to bury her head in his chest. She could feel his cheek being placed on her hair making her smile and wrap her arms around him too.

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

"And I would?"

»»————- ♡ ————-««

MEMORY

Ten year old Adeline was roller skating on their street. She had always enjoyed the feeling of her wheels rolling on the concrete. She loved the wind in her hair. The trees zooming past. She loved everything about it.

Until one of her wheels got stopped by a little stone on the road and she face planted on the ground.

Her knee was bloody as well as her hands, seeing as her mother had cared to by the protection along with her skates. She knew she couldn't come home like this and 'make her mother worried', meaning ruining her mothers reputation for being an irresponsible child.

She got up from the road seeing the blood had seaped into her pants and sleeves a little bit, but if she made it home on time she would be able to hide her clothes and smugle them into the washing bin without being seen.

But she didn't know enough about the First-Aid kit to aid her wounds.

So she did what she came up with in the first place, she skated home the cool air now not being as pleasent on her stinging knees. Or on her tear stained face.

SHe opened the back door to her house, and shot out of her skates before she bolted up the stairs. In her room she quickly changed in some clean clothes that hung losely so they wouldn't be touching her wounds.

Little Adeline made her way to their bathroom and dapped the dirst from her wounds so they didn't get infected, that she did know about first aid.

Then the doorbell rang.

She was home alone.

Her father was at work, her mother out grocery shopping and Jack was to a birthday party. Adeline wasn't dumb so she had placed the doorkey under a rock in her self made flowerpot.

But now someone was at her door.

First the brunette girl waited hoping the person would just go away, but they rang it a second time, and she thought that maybe they had seen her run inside meaning, she couldn't hide that she was indeed home.

Walking up to her door she saw two figures standing there, a big silhoutte and a little one. Her door wasn't only glass it had a protection sheet over it so it wasn't easy to look inside. So she couldn't make out who they were and if she maybe knew them.

She grabbed a key from beside the door on the hanger before opening the door, before her stood a lady with beautiful brown and curly hair, paired with deep brown and mysterious eyes. She seemed kind.

"Hello, are your mum and dad home?"

"No," she whispered, thinking that maybe she shouldn't have said that.

"Oh," the lady said, "Well, me and my son, wondered if you'd like to play with him? We saw you skating here and Jo found it really cool."

"Does he have rollerskates?" Adeline asked timidly. Her head now turning to the boy beside her. He had her eyes but his curly hair had a bit more of a red shine to it, but she thought it was still brown.

"Have you packed your skates, Jo?"

"Of course," he answered also a bit timidly.

"Then I would live to play with you," Adeline said now less timid then before, happy she finally found a friend who also liked skating, "Let me grab mine and I'll be out in a second."

"That's great, we will be back in a few minutes don't rush, we still have to go him to pick his up."

"Alright, see you in a bit Jo."

"My name's actually Joseph but yeah everybody calls me Jo," he spoke again now standing in front of his mother.

"I'm Adeline, but I guess you can call me Addie."