Chapter Four

"I knew Trin wouldn't leave without a fight!" Anakin sighed, pressing his head against the doorframe.

"But I'm not her," I say fairly,

"No. She's made it so that you're still Cynrae Holland, only she has an impact on how you live your life," he explained.

"I don't feel it," I say stubbornly.

"Well you do by the dark witch eyes and the DIY horribly haircut," he said pointing to the mop of hair that remained on my head.

"Does this mean I have Trinity's powers?" I ask stretching my fingers to experiment.

I remembered how whenever Trinity did something over the human ability, she'd waggle her fingers around in a certain pattern. I could recognise two, when she wanted to turn time back she'd turn her index finger to the left, if she wanted to skip time she'd turn it to the right. 

"So witches don't age?" I ask Trinity one day when we were in my room.

"Nope," she smiled, "I've been around since eighteen-twenty. it was on my twenty-first birthday that my mother told me, i had no choice, it's passed down in the family." 

"Did you like it at first?" 

"Sure did! I could change the future! all the good things I could do,"

But you don't do good things Trin, you never have, and you never will....

"I've never met someone like you Cyn" she said, "Never once have I had a friend, well, not during my witch years." she sighed, "Can I show you something?" 

I thought for a moment, did I trust Trin? I had to, how could I say no?

"Okay," I answer quicker than I meant.

She clutched my wrist one her left hand, and with her right, she turned her index finger to the left.

It was like being thrown about by a tornado. Everything was a blur, I could only see a maze of colours and figures obscured by nothingness.

"Gah!" I fell to the floor as it all stopped.

We were in a house, a rather large house. We were in a main room full of people, I couldn't recognise any. 

I saw Trinity by my side, "Welcome to my twenty-first birthday party," she whispers, taking my hand and pulling me through the crowds.

No one noticed us, and to my utter shock, we could walk straight through someone. 

We reached a dark corner where the human Trinity, dressed with her dark hair tied in a classic bun and in a long red dress, stood with a woman who looked the same age. The woman looked like Trinity, but not quite the same, and dressed in a royal blue dress.

"My darling Trinity," the woman said, "I was mere fifteen when you were born, such a stupid thing to do, but i love you. When I turned twenty one, my mother told me she was a witch. I couldn't believe her, but she was so convincing, and i could tell when she lied. She was a witch, and she told me when the next female turns twenty-one, they would take their place. I'm a witch Trinity darling, and tonight you will take my place. When a witch losses her powers she is weak. I will die Trinity, but you must, you simply must take my place. It's tradition,"

Trinity looked confused, "Mother?"

The woman waggled her fingers in a complicated twist, then a surge of red sprouted from the woman's chest to Trinity's.  

The woman sagged to the ground, but Trinity looked up at the future Trinity by my side, with dark and evil eyes.