Chapter Two

I take a step into towns square where everyone in the town is gathered.

I slide against the wall trying not to be seen, after what Trinity did, I don't feel right, i don't feel like anyone should see me. 

Suddenly my view on life has changed, I hate my long brown hair, I hate my jeans and t-shirt. I don't even feel that Cynrae is here anymore. 

I can see Trinity on a rise in the middle of the square, they are about to burn her, how i want to watch but that would increase my chance of being seen. 

I slide out of the square and to a little alley that takes me to the boarders of town. I would hide in one of the run down houses, and not come out until dark. 

"Cynrae!" calls a woman a few metres away. 

The woman wears a long floral dress and her blonde hair reaches her waist. Her lips are bright pink and her eyeshadow is light. Ugh, it was gross how someone could dress so colourful, and I'm disgusted that I used to wear those clothes. 

She stands next to a man who is dressed formally in a suit, but it is a casual suit. The man has brown hair like mine, and he looks warily at me.

My mother and father. 

They don't feel like family anymore. I remember that a few minutes ago I loved them dearly, but now I want to run from them.

I bustle down the alleyway until I come to a dirty neighbourhood. I find a house, or it's really more like a shack, to hide in. The gate is collapsing, just like the house, which looks like it's survived a fire by the looks of it, no one would want to go in here. 

Perfect. 

I walk through the doorway, with the door weak on it's hinges. I look around the dusty house. It still has furniture in it. A dirty couch and coffee table supporting a tiny television sits in the first room. And to the other side of the little hall i can see a kitchen. 

I walk through the door at the end of the hall which looks like the last room in the house. Every floorboard cries in protest as I step on it, and the door creaks as I open it.

Inside the room is a bedroom. It has a dusty four-poster bed and chest of drawers. It seems like the perfect house for me.

I walk back to the kitchen and begin to rummage all of the drawers until I find the scissors. 

I hold a lock of my brown hair out and love how easy it is to cut off. As the locks of hair i used to love fall the ground, so does the old Cynrae. 

Goodbye to my childhood, I think cutting off the first lock.

Goodbye to all those I used to love.

Goodbye to this world.

As I cut of all my hair, I can see through the reflection of the window, me.

The girl staring back at me is thin and pale, she looks sick. And all though she is wearing no makeup, it looks like she has black eyeshadow all around her eyes. Her hair is short and mysterious, she is unrecognisable. 

Let Trinity rise again, just in the body of this innocent girl.

"Cut it all away, say hello to the new world. Just cut it all away,"

I bustle down the alleyway and don't look behind me I come to a dirty neighbourhood.