Chapter 2: Cassy's First Day Nerves

I was so scared on my very first day at school here 8 years ago. Now I'm in 7th grade. I've heard the teachers are really mean. People said when they first came here they thought all the teachers would be mean, because it's a military school. All the teachers have always been nice to all the kids in my classes. Kids say it's because if they are mean they're afraid I'll tell my mom and they will get fired. But I think that they are just nice people. Anyway, if I ever hear rumors, I never believe them. I can't wait, it's 1 minute until first period begins. I always get so nervous before school! Well, I better go, the bell just rang. Oh my gosh! I have Math for 1st period, with Casey, Grace, and Gracie; Social studies for 2nd, with Casey, Grace, and Gracie; English 3rd, with Casey, Grace, Gracie; and TA 4th, with Casey, Grace, and Gracie.

I'm at lunch right now and so far all the teachers have been sooooooooo nice. And for lunch we are allowed to go back to our dorm, so my mom made us all lunch. We had ham and cheese sandwiches with chocolate milk and apples. My favorite! Now I better head back to the school so I'm not late for 5th period.

Hey, I'm back. I'm in 8th period, my study hall. I can't believe how lucky I am. I have all my classes with the rest of the Twinsees club. And in 6th period, science, I got assigned to show the new girl around. So I told Casey about it and she said that she did too. We showed each other pictures of our buddy, and they are identical twins. I was so happy, because Sophia, my buddy, was totally awesome, and she could join the twinsees club! I can't wait to tell her!