015

I opened my eyes to see the ceiling of a concrete room. I look to my right to see a door, then The man. "Who are you?" I ask in a groggy voice.

"Papa," Is what he responded with.

"I'm not calling you that, you're not my father. What's your name?" I asked.

"Dr Brenner," He said.

"Dr Brenner, good start. Dr Brenner, tell me about my father," I said.

He looked at me, "What?"
I laughed a bit, "Brenner, I came to California, away from my home, my boyfriend, my mother, all because I need to know who I came from. El's boyfriend told me that she knew more. She did know, but not enough. El can't remember who Peter is. I came here, followed El here, not to get powers, to get a reminder on who the hell I am. So please, If I take nothing away from this, please, at least tell me who my dad is."

He nods, "Your father, he was a man of great power. I say that out of honesty. Your father was committed to my lab, which is where I tried to learn more about his power. Your father, Maddy, had an amazing sense of ability. He knew how to care, as if he hadn't done anything more. Your father was special. When he disappeared, I searched so hard. He was a great person. I never wanted to take you, I never wanted anything to do with you, but your father insisted because, I quote, "She comes from me Martian." Which was truthful, that doesn't mean though, you were gifted powers. I'm hoping you have them. I think you should be proud of being who you are and who you came from, Maddy."

I nod, "My mother isn't well. She does drugs, not knowing how to cope. She has since I was 11. It's hard."

He smiles, "I have an experiment with Eleven. I would like to see if it helps you too. I have tapes from when you were young. Every tape since this experiment started. Maybe, if I have you do what Eleven is doing, you will be able to regain something you forgot you had. Is that good Maddy?"

I nod as he takes my hand, and has me put on an outfit that I would go in to float. I step into the large tank, close my eyes and listen. The feeling of sleeping came on quite quick, but it was different. It was like I was going somewhere else. I was leading myself into a multi room place, but my body was still. I watched every moment. I felt my brain sort of light up. I looked around to see many other children. I saw many other little children like me, though we all weren't the same age. I walked over to a little brown girl, we were playing with toys together. I saw a man in all white walk. I hear an echoed voice of Brenner, "Maddyson, the man in white is your father. That is Henry."

I looked up at him with amazement. I feel the man come close to me, pick me up and take me to another area. He treated me differently, "Hi Nine," He said to me, "I hope your day is good."

I looked in the mirror, to see myself as a toddler. I started to babble without actually saying words, but he understood me. I saw the man look at me with soft eyes and a soft smile, "You're such a beautiful child. My beautiful child."

I feel his lengthy arms wrap around my small body, picking me up and taking me out of the room. He carried me to a different room. The small room had small balls of paper. "Nine," He spoke, "Watch what daddy does."

My father closed his eyes, put out his hand softly and lifted a piece of paper without touching it. I felt my eyes close, my small hand open. I lifted a small paper ball. I didn't understand how as a toddler understood what he was saying but I did. I looked at him and started to babble again. Under his breath he spoke, "My sweet angel," and kissed my forehead.

I felt myself becoming slightly overwhelmed but I didn't worry. I then look to see Brenner, come into the room and teach bunches of other children. They couldn't connect like I could.