🍭 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 🍭

Start from the beginning

"Go," I slid my hand up and gently tapped his cheek, "I'll be right here when you come back."

"Yeah?" He asked, raising his hand and putting it over mine.

"Yep," I said, ignoring the fire lighting in my belly because of his touch.

Harry's eyes lingered on me for a few more seconds and he nodded, "Fine, fuck. I'll be right back. Lo-"

My eyes widened and we both took a step back. I dropped my hand from his cheek and I could feel the panic rising in my stomach. He wasn't going to say what I thought he was, right?

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead quickly before walking away without saying another word. I didn't bother turning to watch him, mainly because I was stuck. I ran my hands over my stomach and closed my eyes. He wasn't going to say that. We don't even know each other, how could he say that? He was definitely going to say something else. I'm sure of it.

I needed another drink. I sat on one of the stools and signaled for the bartender, who was all too quick to assist me. I ordered a bottle of wine, something a little expensive, and made sure to charge it to Harry's tab. If he had to leave me by myself, I could treat myself a little bit. It wouldn't hurt his pockets at all.

Time was flying. I was three glasses in when I realized it'd been longer than thirty minutes. I looked around the venue again and it was still as crowded as before, maybe even a little more but I didn't see Harry at all.

I looked back down at my empty glass and sighed. I needed to pee. I spun around on the stool and hopped down. But the moment my heels touched the floor, I stumbled. It was a controlled stumble. I wasn't going to fall. However, the person whose arm was around my waist obviously thought I was going to.

For a moment, I thought it was Harry. I smiled and straightened myself, nearly jumping out of my skin when I realized it was Arthur.

He smiled down at me, a bone-chilling smile that almost made me puke immediately. I clamped my lips shut, unable to take my eyes off of him as he stood up straight, his arm still wrapped tightly around me. I was pressed against his body, I'm sure he could feel how hard I was breathing, how fast my heart was racing.

"You're a bit clumsy, huh, Jai?" Arthur said, his smile never leaving his face as he tightened his hold on me when I tried to pull away.

"I just-..." I swallowed harshly, my skin crawling as I turned my head to look at the bartender. Why did I do that? Could he help me? Would he help me? Everyone seemed to be avoiding looking in this direction and I'm sure it's because of Arthur. "Where's Harry?" is the only question that came to mind.

Arthur's smile dropped and he narrowed his eyes at me, "Have a seat, Jai."

I wiggled in his hold and reluctantly, he let go of me, "Where is Harry?" I asked again, trying my best to sound intimidating when honestly, I was seconds away from crying. I hated the way I felt under his gaze.

"It wasn't a suggestion, Jailen," Arthur sat down in the stool right next to mine and gestured for me to sit, "You can sit on your own, or I could have my lovely friends help you."

He smiled but it was directed behind me. I looked over my shoulder, finding the same men from earlier that had come to get Harry. My stomach twisted in discomfort and my knees felt weak. Would I be able to run? I looked at the two men again and then back at Arthur. I moved.

I moved as quickly as possible, yet it still wasn't quick enough. His men had me lifted off of the floor within seconds despite me writhing in their hold. I didn't want to make a scene but I didn't want to be right here anymore.