Chapter 9

My pendant glowed even brighter than usual,  it was as if it's trying to say something. I took the glowing pendant in my hand carefully observing it, the thick white aura spread itself all around begging for my attention upon it. I looked around but couldn't find anything but strangely did I observe that it stayed static, it pointed to no direction,  the aura glowed within it , sparkling and gleaming. I slowly tapped and touched it , the more I looked at it the more it glowed. Impatient struck me when I hurled it on the ground, the crackling sound of the glass made me flinch. Suddenly a blinding whitelight appeared, spreading itself engulfing me from all around. I closed my eyes, squeezing my face with my arms covering myself. The light slowly faded away as I felt it getting darker and darker.  I slowly opened my eyes, blinking rapidly when I found myself in an intricately carved dark room which was lightened by the dim lamps of fire giving azure glow. It was an enormous hall with thin sheer curtains of purple and green hue drawn at each doorway. I walked into one of the doorways when I saw the king sitting on a crystal throne, his body gleaming with a contrasting tone of turquoise in the dark. He had a human-like figure walking over towards a crystal glowing with a tint of greenish blue. His blue eyes looked straight into the crystal as if he could read the hidden words written on it,  his lips curved a smirk. 

" Brother no!" A man dressed in a long robe came, he had long hair, I recognised his face, the face that haunted me since the time I was trapped into this world, however his human-like face didn't intend the same thing this time. His long tentacles were replaced with long brown beard, his green eyes was filled with fear and terror, he hastily snatched the crystal from his hand. 

" Brother, stop it! You can't do this, you killed your daughters, you ruined Cordelo just because of this power!... how ...can you do this..?", his begging words pierced my ears, my eyes widened. 

" I don't care of any family, they don't deserve Cordelia, they are some incompetent outcasts who would make me lost this blessing." 

" This is not a blessing but a curse!It's controlling you ! It feeds upon lives, it's using you to get what it wants!" 

" Calicio! One more thing about it and I will ruin your life forever!!.." 

" I won't stop, you are a liar ! A murderer! You killed Ethel and Hera! And now you want to kill Eliza! You even killed every single person of our kingdom ruined their lives, their homes", his tone mixed with fear and despair. 

" he killed Ethel..." , I stood dumbstruck when my eyes went towards the other doorway, I flinched by the site of it, in midst of the ocean of her blood lied the lifeless body of Ethel, the tip of his trident had the tint of the crimson red fluid and in front of her stood the king giving a maniacal smirk, a faint blue aura of light came out of her body and entered into his heart, his turquoise cover faded slowly turning his body with into a dark silhouette figure with rugged skin and horns, his blue eyes turned  scarlet . It was no longer the calm sad face of a ruler going through the misery of his ruined empire but an evil figure whose heart feeds upon lives.  

" Nooo! You can't do this!.." , a loud cry made me turned to its side when I saw the dark figure of Cordelo  stood in front of that man, his hand formed a dark globe of fire which he shooted towards him, a shrill cry left the man's lungs as he limped, his boned cracked, the smoot fair skin started to decay, scales grew all around his body, his thick beard changed into green bunch of tentacles, he fell down , his eyes widened, he cried shivering at the site of his hands and body part, his groped his beard to find out that they turned into mass of decayed muscles. 

" You are looking amazing , everyone gonna know you by your devil appearance, soon you will be dead but your body won't, it will be replaced every time by someone's foolish soul who dares to take away the wealth of mine. Humans are amazing.. don't you think so, they are fragile, their souls can be easily manipulated