16. Face the music

Start from the beginning

Kim Seokjin is the one who welcomes him into the Mansion which confuses him a little bit since he knew that his ex is very diligent in avoiding him.

"What a pleasant surprise."

"Don't get used to it Namjoon, we both know that our partners are together."

"Oh, so you do know that Min Yoongi ran away with your little brother in tow days ago huh?" Namjoon drawled. A hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Yes, Yoongi called me and told me everything."

"Including the one where he pisses me off saying that he has Hoseok and I don't? You are a fool to believe he will fall for you when everyone can see whom his heart belongs to." The taller man fiercely said as he makes himself at home and sat on the couch. He said those things to hurt Seokjin, he felt a tiny prickle of satisfaction when he saw how the other seems shaken by the statement.

"This is your temper speaking again, one of the reasons why I don't want to be with you for the rest of our lives. You need to control that mouth Kim Namjoon, words can hurt more than a physical blow and I don't want my brother to suffer the same fate I had when I was still your fiancee."

"So now you're acting like a big caring brother when you all but threw your brother to me. According to you, I am one of the worst people out there, you can't stand being with me anymore and yet you are pushing your own brother to me, you want him to take your place. I think you are manipulating everyone around here Kim Seokjin."

"What the heck are you talking about Namjoon? I love my brother."

"No, you don't. You love yourself. Don't fool me anymore. I have my eyes wide open now, ever since we had talked days before. I admit now that I got blinded by my own greed. I wanted the best for myself, I am shallow and looked only at what your appearance and public attitude might benefit me. Your attitude towards me after this switching incident made me realize many things about you, subtle. hidden and yet still there."

"You are just hurt by another rejection that is why you are being mean to me again. I don't care about what you think of me. You can say things about me and I won't bat an eye. The fact still remains that I don't want to return to you, I want Min Yoongi to be mine and I am going to help my brother survive this whole ordeal with you." Seokjin hisses in anger, how dare Namjoon insults him after professing his feelings for him.

Namjoon suddenly stood up and walk towards Seokjin, going so close to his personal space. He can feel the younger man's breath on his face when he started to talk.

"I won't deny nor be ashamed that I followed you around like a wounded dog Seokjin, but at least I am true to myself. Hoseok knew that who I am in front of him is who I am behind his back as well. Unlike you who have an ulterior motive behind every move. Let me tell you something if we switch places and I am Hoseok's older brother? I won't push him towards the man whom I viewed as trash, unworthy of me means unworthy of the one I love, my brother."

"What the fuck do you want Namjoon..."

"I want you to throw that freaking mask and be real Seokjin. I suddenly realized how fake you are."

"Because that I what expected of me, I am considered as your extension, your other half and I am to behave myself or else suffer the Elder's wrath. You don't care about that piece of information right? You selfish prick..." Seokjin hisses and pushes the taller man away from him.

The two heard a cough and immediately turn their heads, seeing Yoongi standing with Hoseok behind him looking warily at the two of them makes them jerk away from each other. Seokjin fixes his clothes and forces a smile.