Indulgence

(Name)'s POV

6:30 PM, it’s already past my leave but here I am, still waiting for the man who collapsed earlier to wake up. It has been 4 hours already, but he’s still damn sleeping at one of the couches in our café. I can’t even bring myself to wake him up, it feels rude to do so.

30 minutes. I’ll give him 30 more minutes to wake up, and if he doesn’t, well…..I gotta think of something. I stood up from where I was sitting and made my way outside, trying to set my mind out of heavy thoughts.

Nii-san’s birthday is already approaching but I haven’t even thought of something to give him. If I ask him, he’ll probably just say that my presence at his celebration is already enough as a gift for him, but for me it isn’t.

The way me and my sibling’s way of being raised are clearly different from each other. I’m an illegitimate child, a fruit of a one time mistake, the root of a broken family; and I hated it.

Nakashima-san, Mana, Luna, and Nii-san’s mother treated me like her own. It really bothers me sometimes whenever she would flash me a smile. Is it genuine, or not? Doesn’t she hate me, or she does? Is it fine for her to see me so often after I ruined their family just by my mere existence? Just thinking that I am in her shoes makes me grumble to death as I imagine my husband having an affair with someone.

After having a debate with myself, I’ve decided that maybe I won’t come. It’s hard for me, and so is for Nakashima-san. Distancing myself from her is the best—*blag*

A loud sound rang throughout the whole place, it seemed like a table fell. I quickly ran inside, scanning the whole place hoping that nothing broke. As I made my way inside, fear enveloped me, maybe helping that stranger was really a bad idea. The couch where that man slept earlier was already empty, and it just made me scared even more.

My breathing and heavy footsteps are the only things that I can hear as I stopped to sense my surroundings. Suddenly, a sharp object was pointed at my neck alarming the hell out of me that resulted in kicking the person holding it on his groin. Well, he kind of deserved it.

“Agh—fuck..” I heard him cursed as the knife on his hand slowly fell to the floor. I quickly ran far away from him, panting from what happened earlier.

His head rose from the floor to stare at me, he just looked me dead in the eye while his brows were still meeting each other, maybe he’s still in pain after what happened.

“I didn’t mean—no, it’s your fault. I helped you then you still had the guts on planning to kill me? Are you that ungrateful? If I had not helped you earlier, maybe you’d be on the street, stripped naked because you’ll be robbed” he just looked at me for a while before sighing.

“It’s out of reflex, you need to chill” wait, what did he just say? Chill? At the fact that he was holding a knife straight to my neck and ready to fucking slit my throat if I didn’t kick his manhood? Really?

I stared at him in disbelief before stepping forward, making my way towards him then grabbing his arm.

“Now that you’re fully awake, get out” holding his arm in my hand while the other was on the knob of the door.

“Don’t ever show yourself here if you can’t show that you’re grateful of us” I shut the door before locking it then walking towards the table that fell then fixing it.

I made sure that everything was in its place in the café before leaving, I’ll be damned if I leave all of this as they are. Manami-san may be my mother’s long time bestfriend, but that doesn’t mean I’ll receive some type of special treatment. I’ll work based on how I am paid for.