𝐢𝐢 ❦ 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈

。.✧ ゜ ⋆ . 。・゜⋆。. ✧・

"YOU MOVED YOUR FINGER just then," Benedict scolded.

"I did not," Margot protested. "Perhaps you are just not all that adept at drawing hands."

Benedict looked aghast. "Would you like to switch places so you can show me how adept you are?"

"Oh, Benny, you know I am not nearly as serious about or experienced in painting as you are, or else I would gladly take you up on that offer."

Benedict sighed and resumed painting, while Margot went back to her position. She was holding an apple in her hand, for Benedict wanted to practice drawing fingers with objects in their grasp.

He needed a model and she enjoyed the company found in the Bridgerton house, so she was happy to oblige. Though, she and Benedict had been doing more bickering than conversing at the moment.

"Did you move it back?" he asked incredulously.

"I haven't done anything, Benedict."

"These lines are a disaster," he muttered to himself.

Margot sighed as she realized what she had gotten herself into. This was going to be a much longer and more arduous ordeal than she imagined. Perhaps she should've asked him to paint something at the studio before agreeing to sit for him.

Nonetheless, she stayed. She appreciated the banter that they shared in between Benedict's moments of frustration. The atmosphere of the Bridgerton home was quite captivating. It was so much louder than her home, though.

A man burst into the room. "Benedict, have you seen Hyacinth's ribbon? She says Gregory took it, but Kate asked him and he denied it fervently."

Benedict sighed. "I have not seen a ribbon all afternoon, brother. Can't you see I've been occupied?"

Anthony finally noticed Margot sitting on the chaise with the apple in her hand which she was trying very hard to keep still.

"Oh," he said. "I didn't realize you had company."

"This is my friend Miss Blackwell."

His brother raised his eyebrows at Benedict. The two exchanged some strange looks with one another, like passing notes in a secret language which Margot was certainly not acquainted with.

"Lord Bridgerton," she said politely to break the tension. "I would bow to you, but I have already been chastised for stirring in my seat."

Anthony chuckled at that.

"Well, good luck with this, Ben," he said. He moved to exit the room.

"Ask Francesca to help with the ribbon!" Benedict advised as his brother left the room.

When Anthony was well out of earshot, Margot piped up. "Well, that was quite an introduction."

Benedict laughed. "And you haven't even met half of us yet."

Margot sighed as she stiffened into her position again, hoping Benedict wouldn't notice that she actually did move a finger this time.