Two

When Vegas came home, I was just overwhelmed with everything. Due the last two hours, between "He is cheeting on me" over "He is still a criminal" to "It is probably nothing" I had literally everything in my mind. So I just layed down on the couch, relaxed my face and calmed my breath.
This is something I can do better than anyone else: Pretending to sleep peacefully, no matter how I feel. Because when my dad was about to freak out, pretending to be asleep was the thing that safed me the best. And I learned it to perfection, even when my heart was racing in fear of him.
I heard Vegas coming in, knew exactly how it sounded because I heard it countless times before, always looking forward to see him. I heard how he suddenly stopped and then walked to me, trying to walk silent. I felt the light touch of his lips when he kissed my forehead, and I could see the smile that he always smiles in this kind of situation in my head. He carefully covered my body with a blanket, whispered a silent "I love you" and then left the room.

I couldn't stop myself to cry. Silent, but my whole body was shaking and sobbing. I didn't knew what would be worse; him just cheating on me and using a strange secret language about it with this friend or breaking my trust so hard that he was actually still doing his evil stuff.
To get information. To cooperate.
That were the words he used, didn't he? Somebody he wouldn't let out, somebody he sometimes visited, in a sexual was.As he did with me. I felt sick, felt the dinner coming up my throught.
Suddenly I could nearly see Vegas, in the house that he also kept me in. Could him see visiting a man that was desperate to meet him, to feel his body. The man must be more useful than me; not a pet, he was having informations he gave Vegas and got sex for it. I could see Vegas' face, looking at the man as he looked at me. Do you know how sexy you are?

The dinner came up. I couldn't stop myself, the vomit was spreading over the couch, and the tears on my face mixed up with watering eyes from throwing up.
Vegas busted into the room, looking confused and worried, but as soon as he realized what was happening, he tried to help me. Tried to hold me untill my body stopped cramping. I was breathing heavily when he helped me getting vomit from my face and body. I just let it happen, I didn't have the strength to agree or disagree. But when he carried me to the bathroom, I shaked my head. I didn't want to shower with him right now, even if I knew that it would be absolutely not sexual in this situation. I didn't want him to be this near.

"Pete, what happened?" He looked worried, so worried and innocent, and I swallowed hard. "It was.. the fish. I had fish for dinner, it must have been bad." I was a horrible liar, I even knew this myself, and Vegas didn't believe me a word.
"What else? Pete, you-" I cut him off. "It was the dinner, okay?" Tears were running all over my face, and my voice cracked. "Please just.. believe me, it was the dinner."
Vegas nodded, not believing me but accepting that I didn't want wo talk in this moment. He just held me close, and I hated myself for it, but I wrapped my arms around him and cried in his shoulder. I needed him, I needed him so much. He was everything I had, everything importaint, and even if he was the cause of my pain right now, I needed him to be here for me.

It needed a long time to calm down for me, but meanwhile my thoughts got slower. I felt that he loved me, that he cared for me. Suddenly I felt pretty stupid for believing that man, I mean- I knew Vegas better than anybody else. I knew he changed.
I managed to smile a bit. "Sorry for this one, I- I promise to tell you in the morning what this was about, okay? But right now I am better. Really." Vegas nodded and looked a bit released when he stroked my hair.

"I actually have a buissness trip next week, pretty spontaneous, but don't worry, I'll postpone it untill you feel better."