9. A LIGHT UNIQUELY YOURS~

Start from the beginning

Ks remembered how after gaining consciousness, everybody in the family tried to cheer her up, they all talked about all the nonsense things possible, in hope that anything might lit the missing spark of her interest for life but were in vain.

____________________________

Both ks and hm were drowned in there own memory lane and they didn't realize since when they were engaged in an eyelock. But our trio was quite aware of it. They had so many questions about these two no one to answer that.

Santu(whispered to pj & cheeta)- ye dono kya kr rhe h itni der se?

Pj(whispered back)- dikh nhi rha kya khoye hue h apne apne khyalo.

Cheeta(asked)- pj, ab to indono ki dosti hogai h, par km ne jab ms ki jaan bachai tab to dosti nhi thi na tab unhone kyu khud ko khtre is daal kr jaan bachai ms ki?

Pj(replied)- ajeeb to tha cheete, km ne jis raftaar se hm ke saamne apna haath kiya usse to yahi laga ki sirf senior-junior ke farz se bada bhi koi aur farz h, jiske naate km apne jaan ki bhi parwah nhi krengi.

Santu(added)- ha km ne to acha hi kiya pr mujhe ye baat achi nhi lagi ki ms ne unhe abhi tak thank you nhi Bola...mtb professional envy ek taraf honi chahiye aur courtesy ek tarf...very disappointed with ms!!

Both pj and cheeta were staring at santu with confused look...santu took a glance of their faces and asked what happened by raising her eyebrows...to which cheeta replied, "hindi...santu ji!"😂

Santu(mentally slapped herself and then explain)- mere kehne ka mtb tha ki ms itni achi insaan h, criminals ke saath bhi itni patiently rhti h to phir km se aisi bhi kya dikkat h unhe? Aur jo bhi dikkat ho itni badi bhi nhi ho skti ki unki jaan bachane ke baad bhi ms ek thanks na bol paye unhe...

Cheeta(sarcastically added)- ...kabhi kabhi to ms ka bartwav km ke liye aisa rhta h jaise maano km ne kisi ka khoon kr diya ho...(And he chuckled along with the others two)

Pj(said)- choro...abhi jaane dete h is baat ko, sayad ab tak jo hua...wo inka kharab waqt rha hoga...umeed krte h aaj ki dosti inke rishte ki nayi shuruat hogi aur aage ye dono barabar izzat de ek dusre ko!

Cheetosh just sighed seeing kareEna still lost in their world while eyes stuck on each other. Soon the trio got back to their work.

____________________________

KareEna were so lost in each other that it seemed that they were together sharing their memories.

"Beta aise kab tak khana nhi khaogi? Aur kya tumhare khana na khane se hamara Aabid wapas aajayega? Use to jaana tha, wo chala gaya? Par kya wo yaha hota to tumhe aise dekh kr use khushi hoti? Nhi na haseena beta? To khuda ke vaste nhi to kam se kam Aabi ke vaste hi kuch to kha lo! ", pleaded ammi to hm who hasn't been taking any proper nourishment for over a week.

"Ammi...hame nhi khana h. Aabi ke jaane ke saath bahut saari cheeze chali gayi h ammi...aur filhal hamari bhook bhi...", said hm interestlessly.

Hm continued, "...aur ammi aap sab ne hame dawai lene pe majboor kr rkha h...to ham wo le rhe h na...ab pls kisi aur cheez ke liye force mat kriye hame... ham marne se to rhe... to theek to ho hi jayenge kabhi na kabhi... isiliye ye khana lekr jaiye...hame sona h!"

And then she immediately laid down and covered her face in the blanket. Ammi was disheartened...whom does she tell her pain... a wife whose scars of loosing her husband and the sufferings of a single mother to two children has just come to an end and then again her wounds were scratched brutally that too with a merciless adding that his worthy son was deceased on the night after his marriage. Now barely she managed herself to stand strong and there it was her daughter in law more sort of daughter now, every now and then threatning about giving her life!

Ammi hopelessly gave up and placed the plate on the table right infront of the bed while tears of helplessness rolling down her cheeks and then she took a glimpse of hm still covered in blanket and then she left the room... eyeing the karishma who was standing there against the wall while her folded hands resting on her chest, watching all this from the starting! After ammi left... ks sighed and then she too left after few more seconds.

____________________________

Few days later ks left kanpur and came back to lucknow to join her duty. But not before witnessing HM's enthusiasm to live again. Ks was happy for ammi that finally ammi was at peace.

Ks remembered her last piece of conversation with ammi before she left kanpur.

" dekho na karishma beta, khuda ka kaisa chamatkar hua h ki pichle kuch dino se haseena mein wapas jeene ki icha aagai h...", ammi's eyes sparked the peace while she said this.

Ks just smiled back and said," ammi itne dino baad aapke chehre par mushkurahat dekhi h hamne... hame bahut jyada wala khush h, ab aap aur haseena ek dusre ka khyal rkhiye, ham nischint hokr apni duty join krenge kal se..."

Ammi said while smiling, " karishma, pata nhi jo bhi wajah ho haseena ke theek hone ki, par ham chahenge ki wo wajah hamesha uske saath rhe...kyuki jo cheez haseena ko aise maut ke paas se bachakr wapas jeene ki wajah de skti h...wo to ham chahenge ki hamari bacchi ke paas hamesha rhe!"

Ks assured her while holding her hands," ammi aap fikar mat kriye, bhagwan kabhi ache logo ke saath bura nhi hone deta h"

And then ks gave ammi a tight hug.

____________________________

The other morning ks was bidding good bye to everyone while hm was seeing all these standing in a corner with furious eyes.

Something was over her mind. Few days back when hm was walking in the garden, a chocolate wrapper caught her attention, she bent and picked it up, the wrapper remained of her Aabid and ks, at the night of the wedding... and then she remembered that was the last thing Aabid had that night...but she was unsure when someone's voice from behind startled her and broke her chain of thoughts.

"...Sahi soch rhi h aap, ye kaam usne hi kiya h... aapke pati ke paas zameen aane wali thi, uske baap ke haatho se cheen kr, isiliye usne aapke pati ko raaste se hata diya...", said the voice.

Hm at first didn't believe that person, obviously. But then a few events after that conversation made her believe that it was the only truth and now she had to live to seek justice for Aabid and to take revenge on ks for Aabid's murder.

For the queen of jazbaat, this was the best reason to justify her immense hatred for ks, for the moment.

____________________________

The moment hm remembered that it was ks who had rattraped Aabid and then murdered him just for the sake of estates made her heart boil and sink in pain at the same time. HM's feeling from gratefulness changed back to that of unlikeness and there it was visible clearly in her eyes back...and thus ks too felt it and the prolonged eyelock was finally broken.

Ks thought, "...wapas se gussa...durr rehna hi behtar hoga inse!.."
And she finally got back to doing her work obviously by taking care of her wound.

While hm confused and caught in between her sudden changes of emotions towards ks!!  And all that she had was just questions and almost no answers to them.

Here the trio was too curious to know what exactly was happening between these two, but were clueless!

While our ks winced in pain while smiling!

____________________________

That is it for this part guys. Bye 👋 milte h next part mein!