"She can…" He looked at me and I nodded. "Why?"

"I don't know." Phil looked back to Jamie and I did the same. I was expecting her to be looking at

Phil still, but now she was staring at me.

"Ja-"

"They want me to tell them." I jumped a little when I heard how rough her voice was from not being

used very much for the past two weeks. "They want me to tell them what happened."

"What did happen, Jamie?" I uncurled her fingers from my pants and held her hand in mine. She

looked up to the far left corner of the room and I followed her gaze. She was looking at the camera.

"I don't want them to know… It doesn't concern them." I frowned and looked up at the camera again.

"Can you turn the camera off?" I asked, not knowing what kind of response I'd get.

"Daniel, you know we can't do that." I jumped when Nurse Joy's voice came over the speaker that I

didn't know was in here.

"Please?"

There was silence for a long time before she finally came over the speaker again. "Alright." The

speaker clicked off and the light on the camera turned off. I turned back to Jamie and smiled at her, but she still didn’t look too happy.

She looked down at her wrist and tugged on the cuff. "Jamie, I don't think they'll-" I stopped and

sighed, knowing that I'd want to be uncuffed if I were her. I stood from her bed and walked over to the door. I knocked on it, knowing someone would be able to hear me in the hall. "Can someone uncuff her please?"

I jumped when the door was quickly opened and a male nurse stood in front of me. "We can't allow

that with the camera and mic off."

I looked back at Jamie and Phil, who was now sitting in my spot, and back to the nurse. "What about

camera on, but no mic?" The nurse hesitated, but he eventually nodded. "Thank you."

He walked over to Jamie and reached to uncuff one of her ankles, but stopped. "Are you going to

behave?" Jamie nodded and the nurse slowly uncuffed both of her ankles before he uncuffed her wrists. "Turn the camera back on!" Jamie flinched at the nurse's sudden yelling and started to rub her stiff wrists one at a time. I looked up to see the light on the camera come back on and I turned back to the nurse.

"The mic is off though, right?"

"I'll make sure they keep it off. You," The nurse pointed to Jamie as she tried to sit up in bed.

"Behave or else you're going back into the cuffs." Jamie nodded and rubbed her ankles as the nurse left, locking us back into the room.

"Okay Daniel, the microphone will be turned off and this will be the last you hear from us for now." I

nodded to the camera, letting them know I heard them and turned back around.

"Phil, can I have my seat back?" Phil looked away from Jamie and gave me a look that I couldn't

read.

"Dan, she can see me." I looked back at Jamie and her attention was on Phil.

"I can hear him too." She whispered to me and Phil looked back at her, shocked all over again.

"How…" Phil went silent when Jamie raised a hand and slowly reached out to touch his face. I

noticed that my breath hitched as her hand got closer and closer to his face, then I realized how this must look to the nurses and doctors.

"Jamie." I tried to warn her, but she was almost touching him. I wanted to reach out and stop her

because I knew  that it would only lead to disappointment, but for some reason, I didn't. Her fingers were only a few centimeters away and Phil looked like he was about to pass out. But her fingers just went right through his forehead. Phil let out a disappointed breath and looked like he was going to cry now.

"I'm sorry." Jamie whispered and hugged her legs close to her chest. "I shouldn't have done that." She

started drawing shapes on the sheet and I frowned.

"Jamie." I whispered to her and brushed her hair away from her face. She looked up at me and

stopped her drawing. "What happened back in your room?"

She looked down at the sheet again and continued her drawing. "I'm tired of being here all the time. I

don't deserve to be locked up behind these walls. All I need are some pills and I could walk around like a normal person and no one would know what's wrong with me." I frowned and continued to pet her hair. "I don't wanna be here anymore, but they don't let patients out unless they have family to go to…. I'm going to be stuck here forever." She looked up at me with blank eyes, due to the mood stabilizers she was on, and reached up to tuck hair way from my eyes. "You can get out of here. So can Gerard and Mikey and Frank." She wrapped her arm around her legs again and looked back down to the bed sheet. "I'm never getting out of here."

Phil and I looked at each other, neither of us knowing what to say. I swallowed hard and sat next to

her on the bed. "Scoot." Jamie did as told and moved over so I could sit next to her. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pulled her into my chest. "I'm not getting out of here James." I rested my head on top of hers and stroked her hair. "As long as I'm seeing the ghost of my best friend, I'm never getting out of here." Jamie clung to my shirt, but she remained silent. "So you and I… we're going to be stuck here forever together. You don't ever have to worry about being left here alone." Jamie sat up next to me and looked at me with slightly sad eyes, showing me that her medicine was starting to wear off. She leaned over and kissed my cheek before she rested her head on my shoulder again.

"I love you." She whispered to me and I looked down at her. "I love Phil too." I smiled and hugged

her closer.

"I love you too, Jamie." I buried my face into her hair and Phil smiled at her.

"I love you too." Jamie hugged me tighter and we all sat in silence until a nurse brought lunch in for

us.

"Oh my gosh, real utensils." Jamie joked and I laughed at her, glad to see that she was going back to

normal.

*******************************************************************

Don't have a lot to say this time :) Comment, vote, and follow please! :D