↳ 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙

Beginne am Anfang

"Your loss." She tells him before beginning to walk away. She tosses her hair back before noticing how you've been staring. She scoffs, "What are you looking at?"

Your face goes warm, realizing how you were just blatantly staring as she got rejected. You grab your drink and leave before the man can say anything to you. You walk over to Kaya, who sits on the couch and talks to Daisuke. She lays her head on your shoulder as she continues talking.

You look around, disassociating with the conversation and sounds around you. You sip on your drink and notice the people around you. Your eyes lock on someone and a sigh leaves your lips, one that makes Kaya look at you. "What's wrong?"

"Guess who's here." Your voice is beyond apathetic, and she looks around for a minute. Then she spots him and rolls her eyes, throwing her arm over your shoulder.

"We can find you a boyfriend for the night if you want." She suggests and you shake your head. You take a deep breath before chugging down every drop of your drink. You put the empty cup down on the coffee table.

"I'm leaving." You tell her as you stand up from the couch. She grabs your arm and tries to stop you, but you brush her hand off. You walk out of the apartment, not caring to stop for your best friend who calls your name.

You run down the stairs and exit the building, just wanting to go as far away as possible just in case Kaya has plans of stopping you. You don't care to look at your surroundings, something very irresponsible and dangerous considering how late it is.

You walk in the street, not noticing how many cars come. There's a hand that pulls you back in, and in that moment you feel the breeze of the car that almost hit you at full speed. You look up at the man who's looking down at you. You finally see the blue eyes that the man was hiding.

"Are you an idiot?" Are the words that leave his mouth. He's still a bit upset about having to reject Leiko for the umpienth time. You don't say anything, standing so close to him for another minute or so. It feels weird. Although you're pressed against him, it doesn't feel as if you're really touching him.

"Sorry." You finally say, coming to your senses. He lets go of you and practically tosses you to the side. "I wasn't really... Thinking."

"Yeah, I can see that." He responds. You awkwardly stand for another second or so before turning. This time you actually stop and watch for cars. But you get this sudden impulse and you turn back to him. He stands there, watching so you don't decide to walk into traffic again.

"I overheard your conversation with Leiko-"

"More like eavesdropped... Look, if you come to her defense, I don't want to hear it. I'm tired of her and her little friends." The man tells you, and you feel as if he's rolling his eyes at you.

"No- On the contrary." You say, which catches his attention. Nearly everyone around him is bugging him to take her as his girlfriend. It's like they're all secretly in love with her and know they can only live their dream through him. "I'm sorry. I know rejecting someone over and over again is hard and I totally understand why you spoke to her the way you did."

"Thank you." He responds. He's glad to hear that because everyone else around him tells him otherwise. "I just feel so pressured by everyone."

"Yeah... We went to the same high school and she was the prettiest girl there. She's not used to getting rejected so I guess it's why she's acting like this." You share. "And everyone loves her so it's why they want you to say yes."

"I don't get why, she's irritating." He scoffs, which makes you let out a chuckle because you couldn't agree more. It feels nice to know someone feels the same way as you.