Forth

I called Park and explained what had happened. Park offered to follow me but I said I had it settled. I just asked him to go keep Lam company. He agreed and I set off to go look for Maprang's boyfriend.

I had found out he was a Science student , final year and was staying in an apartment just out of uni. I headed over and knocked on his door. A few minutes later, I heard someone open the door. It was him, Aroon. I waiied him respectfully and said I wanted to find out if Maprang had come by to Lam's apartment lately. He looked at me and smirked. He was a smart boy. He knew what I was onto.

He told me he had what I wanted. I clenched my hands in anger abit but I tried to keep my temper in check.

"Look I really don't want to fight with you anymore. It's not my intention to. Just give me his reports back. If you have an issue with us, solve it privately. Don't screw with his school."

Aroon stared at me for a bit before inviting me in.

"Come in. I get it for you. I have nothing against you boys too. Jsut that lay off Maprang. She's my girl now."

I nodded. I went in and he told me to wait in the hall whilst he went to get the assignments. I was walking around just checking out the photos in the hall when I saw a reflection. It looked like Aroon and I turned around only to have him whack me with a baseball bat.

"I knew you would come here asshole. You will play hero and be here for your stupid boyfriend. The fucking assignments never left his dorm. I had deliberately taken it and given it to the security guard claiming lost and found. I'm sure by now he would have been given the assignments. But this gives me an opportunity to fucking hell get back at you for playing hero." Aroon uttered like a deranged man whilst whacking me. I managed to escape but got hit a few times. I stood up, pushed him hard and he lost his balance. He stood up ready to whack me again when Maprang happened to come in. She screamed when she saw what had happened. I ran towards her, pulled her out and we stumbled onto the main road.

"He is fucking mad. Call the cops now. Now!" And I called Lam before passing out.

When I came to, I found myself in Lam's dorm. The boys were all around. I woke up to Phana treating me. Maprang was there and sobbing away. When she saw me wake up, she ran towards me and threw herself onto me, crying. I was stunned. I just pushed her away gently and tried to sit up. I found myself being supported and turned towards my left to see Lam. However he had a very unreadable expression on his face. He supported me up slowly. I sat up and the boys filled me in.

Maprang thankfully had called the cops and attracted the attention of bystanders  by screaming. The boys had made it there the same time as the cops and Aroon was arrested for assault. Maprang was very apologetic and traumatised by everything. She kept apologising to me and Lam saying she had no idea he had such anger issues.

I waved off her apology saying it was OK but I told her to please stay away from us. I was quite done with her and I didn't care to sugar-coat my words. Lam told Park to send her home and Park brought her off. Yo followed them. Pha fussed abit more over me and I assured him I was OK.

The boys told me to rest and left, leaving me and Lam alone. Lam went to the kitchen. I slowly stood up and went there only to find him standing near the sink, sobbing. He was sobbing quietly and I definitely did not hear anything from the bed but now closer to the kitchen, I could.

"Lam.."

"Yea. Sorry. Do you need anything? Hang on."

I caught him rubbing his eyes quickly and he turned, only to be surprised I was in the kitchen itself.

I looked at him for a bit and he just broke down again. But this time, he came towards me and grabbed me in a fierce hug, sobbing.

"I really thought I was going to lose you. Do you know what went through my head when you called and just hung up? I should have never..."

I interrupted Lam's rambling by pulling him closer towards me. I didn't know if it was possible but we were as tight as paper and glue. I held onto him tight. I didn't say anything but the possibility of not seeing Lam ever had really scared me too.

We didn't hear the door and then we heard a squeak! We broke apart to find Park and Yo looking at us, Yo all red faced and Park just nursing a smirk.

"Ah, what happened was.. what I'm trying.. " I spluttered failingly. Park just smirked at me but didn't say anything. Lam just walked away to the kitchen. I turned to see him go, wondering if he was upset or anything. But I saw the hint of red creeping up his neck and I just started blushing myself.

The boys decided to order dinner. Yo's chitter chatter and Park wanting to game broke the ice and we all eased into an easy camaraderie. We had an enjoyable night before we called it a night at 10pm. Park offered to send Yo off whilst I told Lam I would make a move too.

"Do you want to stay over tonight?"

"It's ok Lam. I be ok."

"You sure? I actually don't mind. I mean you.."

"I be good. Don't worry. I see you tomorrow ok?"

He nodded his head and I took my leave, heading back to my own room. I took a shower and sat down, nursing a cigarette and just thinking about what had happened. I also realized subconsciously I have been very touchy and protective towards Lam and I realize it didn't irk or baffle me. What was with me man...

I laid back on the couch, lost in my thoughts unaware that Lam was going through the same thing too.