Chapter 3: Just Why?

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Teyla (I AM THE CALM IN THE STORM) Emmagan slowly stands, "What can we do?"

"I-I don't know if there's anything we can do. I mean, this is a very, very big problem," Meredith continues to stare at the event horizon, which allows her to catch sight of an arm extending out from it, "Give me a hand."

Meredith and Teyla rush over. They grab the arm and start pulling it away from the wormhole. Ford's body emerges.

"What the hell was that?" He exclaims as he stands up facing the gate, "That's strange."

"Yes, it is," Meredith agrees.

Ford points at it, "That is the-"

"Yes, It is." Mare confirms.

He stares at the event horizon, "That scraping sound... we're stuck."

"Yes, we are." Meredith states, "Apparently the engine pods failed to retract in time. Square peg, round hole."

"Can we pull Markham and Stackhouse out?" Aiden asks.

Meredith shakes her head, "Our hands and arms would dematerialize as soon as they cross the event horizon. There's uh- no way to reach them."

The shutter sound that had been consistently made since they awoke, got louder. The three turn to John. Meredith and Teyla rush into their previous positions as Aiden stands over them.

"The Major?"

"He must have been knocked unconscious by the impact," Teyla tells him.

"Jumper One, this is Weir, what's your status?"

"This is Ford. Good to hear your voice. The four of us are still here but Markham and Stackhouse are inside the event horizon."

"Say again?"

Meredith pulls out some gauze and begins to wipe away some of the sweat on John's forehead as Teyla searches through the first aid kit again.

"Ma'am," Aiden begins as he looks at the gate, "Jumper One is lodged in the Stargate. Dr. McKay, Teyla and myself are in the rear compartment with the Major. He's in bad shape. Markham and Stackhouse are in the forward section."

"How did that happen?"

"Engine pods," Meredith says.

Aiden turns towards her, "We think it was one of the engine pods, but there's no way to be sure."

"It's the only viable possibility," Meredith states.

"If I understand correctly, you won't be able to access the flight controls."

"Yes, Elizabeth," Meredith declares as she passes the gauze to Teyla before forcefully standing up, because nobody is understanding the DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT THEY WERE IN, "it's an extremely intriguing conundrum, and one that I would love to discuss with you in detail until the Stargate shuts down and this ship is cut in two-"

"Mare calm down-"

"-at whichpointofcourse-"

"Meredith! If I'm going to be any help to you at all, I need to catch up. Lieutenant Ford, back it up for me." Meredith scoffs and moves back to her husband's side.

"We couldn't I.D. the Wraith base of operations from space, like we did the last time we were there," Aiden begins recounting, "So we went to the same landing coordinates as before to get a closer look."

-SGA-

*An hour earlier*

Meredith, Aiden, and Teyla followed John as he led them through the wooded area. They're team had been tasked to scope out the Wraith base John broke into a week ago. And John was not happy Meredith was there to say the least.