Chapter 3- Best Friends

After we talked for a bit, Allison, Angela, Caitlin and I entered the building and walked over to where the shoot was being held. As soon as we walked into the room, a lady in her early 30’s walked over to us.

“Hello there. I’m Irene.” she said in a sweet voice.

“Hi. I’m Caitlin and this is Nicole. These are our agents, Allison and Angela. This is the Forever 21 shoot right?”

“Nice to meet you.” she replied shaking each of our hands. “Yes it is. You can go get dressed in the dressing rooms right there. Each outfit is numbered. We’re going to starting you two off with number one. Just remember to take all the clothes home after you’re done with the pictures. Thank you. Bye.”

I looked around and noticed other models posing with their ‘best friends.’ Caitlin and I walked to the dressing room and stepped into the separate rooms with our names on them. As we got closer, I saw a bunch of clothes hung up against the wall. Caitlin and I gasped. “They’re beautiful!” we shouted at the same time. We quickly ran into the mini- rooms and changed into the outfit labeled with a number one above it.

I walked out and saw Caitlin already dressed, fixing her shirt at the mirror. As soon as I walked up to her, a bunch of people gestured for us to sit down on the chairs next to them. We walked over and they started on our hair and make-up. When we were done, they led us to the backdrop. We both looked amazing. She was wearing a black tank-top with a white vest over it over a pair of white skinny jeans. I was wearing the same outfit but the tank-top was white and the vest and my skinny jeans were black. Her hair was straightened, while mine was curled.

“Now girls, you guys are supposed to be best friends, so pose together.” The photographer said. He was almost bald and had a red t-shirt on over some shorts. He looked pretty young but had bags under his eyes. We walked over to each other and started posing for the camera.

“Perfect!.... Smile wider….. Put your hand over her waist like this….. Amazing!” he would tell us every so often. When he thought we had enough pictures he told us to change into the next outfit.

Soon, we were done. Time just flew by. It was so much fun!

As we were collecting all our clothes, Angela and Allison walked towards us saying, “You were so good girls! To celebrate we want to take you guys out for sushi. What do you say?”

“Well… I don’t like sushi. Sorry! Maybe another time?” I said trying not to hurt their feelings.

“I don’t like it either. Sorry! But don’t let us ruin your fun. You guys go.”

“Yea! We can go somewhere else.”

 “Okay... Bye girls” they said, hesitating a little.

“Bye.” We waved good-bye as they walked towards their cars.

Caitlin and I looked at each other. “You don’t have to come with me if you want.” she said with a sad look in her eyes.

“But I want to go to lunch with you! Where do you want to go?”

Suddenly her frown turned upside down and she said, “How ‘bout Johnny Rockets?”

“Oh mah gosh! I love that place! Sure! Let me just finish getting all my stuff and we can go.”

“Sounds like a plan! Is it okay if we go in my car?”

“Sure!” I said as I stepped out of the dressing room carrying all the clothes I’d just modeled in. We walked past the photographer and Irene saying “bye” as we headed towards Caitlin's car. We left all our stuff in the backseat. I sat in the passenger seat as she started the car and backed out of the parking lot, towards the shopping center.

“I just have to call my mom and my chauffer George real quick.” I said as I remembered the promise I had made them to call when we were done.

“Sure. I have to call my mom too. By the way, is it okay if we go to the Johhny Rockets in the mall?” she said, taking out her phone and plugging in earphones as to not break the law. She put the earphones in her ear and typed in the number.

“Yea, sure.” I said taking out my own phone. After we both called our moms and I told George I had a ride home, we arrived. We walked through the entrance and went up the escalator towards the food court, talking the whole time. We both ordered a burger with a side of fries and bacon and Mountain Dew. We talked while we ate. Who would've thought we had so much in common. After we ate, we went shopping. We bought matching shirts and skirts but in different colors and we bought matching shoes. We ended up being the same size! Then we decided to buy some footsies (the pj’s babies usually wear).

As we were at the register, she said, “Tomorrow I was going to have a sleepover with my friend Payton, but she was busy. Do you want to come instead?”

“Sure!” I said. We exchanged our numbers and she gave me her address. Then she drove me home.