23. Rumors

Akaashi stared at himself in the mirror, smiling. He looked great in white too. Bokuto stared at him from the window seat.

His body was covered in riches. Golds, blues, blacks. And most of all, white. He looked amazing. Bokuto touched his jacket, which was a bright white. He hated it.

Akaashi looked at Bokuto. "Is the jacket heavy?"

"Not really."

Akaashi looked over him. He didn't look in the least bit happy. "What's wrong?"

Bokuto smiled. "Nothing's wrong hun. Just tired I guess."

Akaashi walked over and leaned down. "Please, please don't lie."

Bokuto inhaled sharply.

Akaashi hummed. "You don't have to do this."

"I want to. I really do."

"But what honey?"

"But this is... a lot." Bokuto gestured to himself. "Just look at me. Everyone else looks amazing and I just look... out of place."

Akaashi shooed off the maids in his room and the room emptied. "Yeah?"

Bokuto nodded. "You look beautiful Keiji. I just don't feel nearly as clean as I need to be to be here. Everyone can read and write and knows what to do. I don't. I'm not even able to greet someone properly."

Akaashi nodded. He kissed Bokuto's forehead. "I can call this whole thing off. We can wait."

"But this is your big day! You're becoming a king!"

"And this is just one day compared to the hundreds we have together. If I have to cancel something for you, it's worth it."

Bokuto's heart fluttered. "I really don't want to ruin your day."

Akaashi sat himself next to Bokuto. "This isn't going to ever be a happy day for me. Not until I start drinking."

"You drink?"

"During parties I drink in private. Well that was when I'd ask for others to join me in my room. But I have you and I'm king now and I can't just get drunk." He tapped his knee. "I do enjoy alcohol though. It makes me nicer."

"You're already nice."

"Mm I'm flirty and nice then."

Bokuto chuckled. "Yeah?"

Akaashi looked over and smiled. "You'd be surprised."

Bokuto nodded. "What's going to happen when they put that crown on my head?"

"Well. I'll at first be addressed fully because I will be crowned first. I get to crown you since within that minute I will be the sole leader of the kingdom. I will crown you, we will turn towards the audience, they will now, my siblings will then bow, and then we leave the room. We will be led to change and relax for a moment along with signing papers and then will go to the ballroom where the party will be. You did practice your signature, correct?"

Bokuto nodded hurriedly. "I did!"

"Great." Akaashi popped his knuckles. "Would you like to take a walk?"

"No. Can we open the window really quick?"

"Of course." Akaashi unlatched the window and eased it open. "Better?"

"Sorta. I'm still very nervous."

Akaashi nodded. "When I was first crowned, I threw up because of how nervous I was."

"Oh boy."

"Mhmm. All over the brand new carpet that had been placed at the altar." Akaashi giggled. "Oh it was so gross."