𝟎𝟏

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

( 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 !
the trials )

(       𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 !the trials        )

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

W hilst most had been forced through the same vigorous training exercises and the same hunt for their kyber crystal, one thing distinguished them from Daisy Kovan - every padawan had been granted the liberty of knowing their parents.

The girl envied her fellow padawans. She had long yearned for motherly affection, having wondered jealously about the colour of her father's eyes and the thickness of her mother's braid. Daisy had concluded that her mother was as wide-eyed as her, and her father was equally as troublesome - perhaps she had inherited her unruly waves from her father and her impatient demeanour was a courtesy bestowed upon her by her mother.

The girl had invented these small features, tiny figments of her wild imagination. She liked to think her father enjoyed dejarik and her mother was a splendid cook. She imagined her to have several bickering siblings, the seven of them dancing away under the intensity of the stars.

In truth, Daisy Kovan had long grown up, and the fantasy of her sweet little family saving her from the dreadful reality of becoming a Jedi knight had, eventually, ceased to exist. She had grown to resent her parents, despising them for their lack of presence and easy dismissal of her from their mysterious lives.

"Dreaming off again, you are!" A voice scolds, and the girl turns around to see the displeased expression of the intimidating Master Yoda. He does not look livid, but rather, eyes her with interest and scratches his chin thoughtfully.

"Forgive me, Master Yoda." Daisy says anxiously, her face heating up as the children behind her chortle loudly. "I did not catch up on the amount of sleep I had hoped to have."

The creature says nothing and simply stares at her, before looking away thoughtfully and floating onwards.

Tomorrow is the day she has been working towards for several months, hours of training and half-hearted lectures with her beloved Master Astrid. Whilst others feared it, she was beyond excited at the prospect of showing off her new skill and putting an end to the tiresome rumours which had followed her for over a decade. It was the day of her trials, the day which paved way for a life of adventure as a respected knight of the esteemed order.

She finally had the chance to flesh herself into another character entirely. There would be no more talk of the incompetent Daisy, and a fierce warrior named Jedi Knight Kovan would swiftly replace her.

But surely, the more rational voice in her head begins to whisper slowly. Surely, if it was such an honour to hold such a respected title, she would be more excited for it.