Year 3 - Wow

I made my way to McGonagall's classroom as I had been every free moment I got for a few weeks now as this new training that was draining my energy.

"Ah Mr L/N how are you any progress?" McGonagall said knowing that I had made some progress.

"Well I am able to complete the transformation but nothing beyond that," I say.

"Nothing beyond?" McGonagall said questioning.

"Well once the transformation is complete I black out probably because of the strain it puts on my body," I say.

"Don't worry with your skills if you keep at it you will gain control in no time," McGonagall said.

"Right and once again professor thank you for keeping this just between us," I said.

"Not at all L/N," McGonagall said before leaving.

After a few unsuccessful tries I decided to head off to the Quidditch pitch to avoid being late after all Gryffindor were playing might as well support the house team.

"Go, Harry! Go," I yell as he whips passed us in hot pursuit of the snitch.

I see him and the Hufflepuff seeker climb up into the sky after the switch soon after Harry is seen falling as Dumbledor saves him. Later we are all in the hospital wing as we wait for Harry to wake up after falling what must have been 100 feet.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron said.

Peaky? What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet," Fred said

"Yeah come on Ron let's walk you off the astronomy tower and see what you look like," George said.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does," Harry said as he wakes up making me chuckle.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Oh, brilliant," Harry said.

"You gave us a right good scare there mate," Fred said.

"What happened?" Harry said.

"Well, you fell off your broom," Ron said.

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?" Harry said.

"No one blames you, Harry. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. After he saved you, he sent them off," Hermione said.

"There's something else you should know too. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and... Well...," Ron said holding what was left of Harry's broom.

I was with Hermione as we decided to go for a walk we didn't really have a particular destination in mind and found ourselves by the black lake. As we sat down by the water enjoying the view Hermione rested her head on my shoulder I smiled and rested my head on hers. I was enjoying the moment no work no studying no nothing just me and Hermione it was perfect.

"Hey Hermione what did you mean when you said you didn't want to lose as a friend," I asked.

"I'm not sure I guess you just mean a lot to me that losing you would hurt real bad," Hermione said.

"So there is more," I said.

"What," Hermione said lifting her head.

"The Hermione I know would never say 'Hurt real bad' unless she was nervous about something," I said.

"Really," Hermione said.

"Hermione I care about you more than anything else if there is anything ever that is making you worried sad or afraid I want you to tell me that way I can help you by your side," I said as  I placed my hand on her cheek.

There was a mommet between the two of us we just looked at each other our eyes met and we couldn't look away. As we looked at one another we saw that our eyes were saying all we needed to and then without a second thought we both moved in and our lips connected. It was sweet and short but it felt like so much more and I could tell Hermione felt like same as once we pulled away she kept her forehead to mine and then kissed me again.

"Wow," Hermione said.

"I know," I said with a sheepish smile.