Quasimodo's face fell, a flash of fear crossing his eyes. "R-ready? Ready for what?" He stuttered

You furrowed your brows. "To see the Court of Miracles," Did he not realize that he had to come with you? He certainly couldn't stay outside. He might go and tell someone about the passageway.

Quasimodo began to fiddle with his fingers. "I-I-I don't think I should, m-maybe I could stay out here? I could guard the door!" You could see he was panicking, but your patience was wearing thin. You get kidnaped off the street and are forced to live in a belltower for a week before being threatened, almost murdered. Escaped said belltower. You were so close to finally getting home, and now the man who took you off the street is holding you back from your home? Absolutely not.

"Quasimodo, you can't stay outside. You must come in, now." You said your words in a cold and unforgiving tone, not caring about anyone's feelings but your own. You were so close to everything being over, you could afford to be selfish.

Quasimodo became visibly panicked. His sheepish smile fell, and the blood rushed from his face. "N-no! I cant! People will scream at me. They'll run from me! I am a monster! I can't be seen!" Quasimodo began to hyperventilate, shaking his head with one hand buried in his hair, tugging at the red locks, and the other hitting his skull, trying to punish himself for his face.

You quickly realized your mistake watching the hunchback pummel himself. You quickly ran to grab at his hands, hoping to stop his self-punishment. You gripped Quasimodo's wrists, fighting against the incredibly strong bellringer. Quasimodo's stopped and looked at you with fearful eyes, remembering the last time you tried to stop his self-punishments. The thought of hurting you again filled him with an unspeakable shame. The fact he even did made him want to run away from you forever. You'd be safer far away from such a monster. Quasimodo relaxed in your grip, unwilling to let anything he did be harmful. You glared at him with tender eyes, a stern look on your face. "Quasimodo, please calm down. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so harsh," Your hard face melted into a more tender one, and a slight, bitter smile graced your lips. You moved closer to Quasimodo, wrapping your arms around his shoulders and pulling him close. He froze in your arms, stiffening up as you held him to your warm body. "It's all going to be alright, I promise, my-no, our people will love you. You saved me from the Archdeacon! You'll be a hero!" You continued to whisper these sweet nothings into his ear, tenderly holding him as you did. Quasimodo melted into your arms, breathing in your sweet scent as he wrapped his arms around you.

You smirked at the bellringer hugging you back. You'd got 'em. He had to be ready to go inside now. You began to pull away from the bellringer's grip, but Quasimodo didn't let go. Your brows furrowed as the hunchback's tight hold didn't let up. You continued to tug away, but the bellringer only tightened his grip around you, almost crushing you from how tight he was holding you. You gasped as the hug tightened from a sweet hug into a vice-like grip, the hug pushing the air out from your lungs. Quasimodo seemed to finally notice your discomfort and let you go, letting you jerk away from him, gasping for air. You hunched over as you tried to catch your breath, breathing deep breaths in and out. What was that? You had hugged Quasimodo before, but to have him almost crush you...

You pushed the accusatory thoughts out of your mind. You couldn't afford to lose Quasimodo. He was a far too crucial part of your plan to take down Frollo. You had to keep him around, keep him happy. You straightened your back and turned to Quasimodo, his brows furrowed in worry. You gave a shaky smile to the hunchback, quickly turning your head away as you looked to the door. "Are you ready to go inside?" you said, not taking your eyes off the door, unwilling to look at the hunchback.

"Y-Yes, I'm ready," You didn't see Quasimodo's nervous twitching as he said his words. You didn't need to. You could feel the anxiety coming from him in waves. You ignored the tension in the room as you grabbed the door handle. Then, giving a hefty tug, you pulled the door open. The light from the candles shown into the dark tunnel, momentarily blinding you. You recovered quickly, though, and stuck your head through the door. A small corner tucked away from the main street, hidden behind a small storage space and surrounded by broken objects. It was nothing new to you. You had often played here when you were a little child, messing with the rusty old pots and dancing around on the old rugs. The little corner was as dirty as ever, no one bothered to clean it, but it was still a blessing to your homesick eyes.