Chapter one; Abditory.

{Abditory; A place into which a person can disappear; a hiding place

{Abditory; A place into which a person can disappear; a hiding place.}

- 4 years ago. 

Aurora Solo stands on the top of the sand due, watching the northern lights change over the dunes. Her dark hair blowing gently in the cold wind as she tucks her hands into her trouser pockets. 

"You coming with us sweetheart?" 

Aurora looks over her shoulder as her father, Han Solo, walks towards her. His hair now litters with greys, his iconic black jacket wrapped around him. He stand beside her, Chewbacca behind them with the Millennium Falcon as he fixed something on the ships side. 

"No, I think its time for me to go back home dad," Aurora smiles gently, turning to face the beauty of the night again. 

"You want me to drop you off or is Flyboy coming to get you?" Han asks, tucking his hands into his leather jacket.

"Poe will be here soon," She answers, "Where are you off to next?" 

"Corellia, Chewie wants a new blaster," Han says, Aurora turns to him with an eyebrow raised, "Don't give me that look, I told him he doesn't need another but he wants to add to his collection."

Aurora laughs making Han smile. The father and daughter duo along with Chewie travelled around the galaxy to distract Aurora. After the destruction of the Jedi temple, Aurora was the only one that survived her brother, after he slaughtered every last Jedi standing in his way. Luke was wary of his nephew's growing darkness, having seen visions of the death and destruction Ben Solo would cause. 

Ben Solo, Aurora's older brother massacred everyone. His mind was poisoned by the Supreme Leader Snoke and turned to the dark side. She remembers fighting her own brother in the middle of the temple, her uncle rushing into the temple finding Ben standing tall over his sister lightsabre scrapping at her jaw, leaving a light scar along her jaw line. 

Luke saved Aurora. When the fight got to much, Luke took her to safety. Barely looking Leia and Han in the eyes before leaving.  Aurora remembered feeling so guilty that she locked herself in the room before Han broke the door down, finding his daughter curled up, eyes red with tears and her heart shattered. Han remembers holding his broken daughter, telling her is wasn't her fault and that she was safe and that was what mattered. Leia remembers her daughter growing up to be as strong as her, fighting along her side as an act of bravery to repay for what her brother did. 

"You ever going to talk to mum?" Aurora asks. 

Han sighs, taking off his jacket to pass it his daughter, who looks at his jacket then at her dad, "Your shivering, take the jacket." 

"Your avoiding the question," Aurora retorts, taking the jacket and putting it on anyway. 

"Sweetheart, I need to carry on with travelling a little more before I talk to your mum," 

Aurora places her head on his shoulder as he wraps an arm around her shoulders, "Can you do something for me?"

"Anything sweetheart," 

Aurora takes her lightsabre from her side holding it out for Han to take, "Can you take this? I can't use it, not after- I just need to forget."

Han takes the lightsabre hesitantly, "You sure?" 

"Positive," Aurora gently pushed Han's hand that holds the lightsabre closer to him, "I am Princess Aurora when I go back to the resistance, I wear stupid fluffy dresses and hide a blaster to my side, I am not the badass daughter you know." 

Han chuckles, pressing a kiss on the side of her head, "You will always be a badass sweetheart." 

Suddenly, familiar x-wing swoops above them, landing at the bottom of the dune. A beautiful smile makes its way on Aurora's face as the loud beeps from BB-8 echoes through the night as he jumps from the x-wing, making his way up the dune to Aurora. She bends down wrapping her arms around the droid in a hug which he excitedly beeps too. 

"Well, I now know who your favourite is," 

Aurora looks up as Poe walks up the dune to them, his orange suit practically glowing in the dark, holding his helmet under his arm. Aurora stands ignoring the way BB-8 nudges into her leg. 

"Right sweetheart," Han turns to his daughter, wrapping his arms around his daughter, pressing a kiss on his head, "Take care of yourself, I will see you soon."

"I love you," Aurora whispers, holding onto her dad tighter. 

Han steps back with a smile on his face, "I love you too." 

Han walks back to the Millennium Falcon, Chewie makes a loud roar waving at her in goodbye as Aurora returns the wave with a smile. 

"Dad!" Han turns around with a eyebrow raised, "Your jacket!"

"Give it to me the next time I see you," Han smiles, he points to Poe, "Keep her safe Flyboy!" 

"I will Solo!" 

Poe and Aurora watch as the Millennium Falcon lifts off. Aurora lifting her hand to shield her eyes as sand flies everywhere before the Falcon shoots off. Poe turns to Aurora with a smile. 

"You ready to come home Princess?" 

"Lead the way, Flyboy."