XI - Realizations.

Start from the beginning

Ginawa ni Issa ang lahat para hindi mahulog mga luha nya.

She just nodded and Jesse took a deep breath since it was difficult for him to see his daughter crying. It was not usual that Issa would cry in front of one of her parents.

"Nak naala mo pa ba yung box na tinago mo sa closet mo? Yung brown na matandang box, na naka pangalan alfie?" Tanong ni Jesse.

Issa nodded once again having difficulty responding to how many emotions she is feeling.

"May letters ako dun na naka tago lamang. Nung gabi na yon bago ako umalis ng cebu may masama yung pakiramdam ko. Kaya nga nagsulat na ako ng mga letters para sainyong lahat. Buksan mo yung kahon at sa baba ng kahon may makikitang folder na may dateng letters." Jesse said simply still smiling at his eldest.

"Tell your sisters and mama that I love them all so much. So much kahit wala na ako dyan hindi nauubos ang aking pag mamahal. Pero bago akong umalis sabihin mo na yung pakiramdam mo ngayon."

Issa took a deep breath and was finding the courage to say it. In all of her life, Issa rarely opened up to her family.

"Pa... Takot ako. Takot na Takot. What if hanapin kami ni christopher at itarget ng anak ko naman."

Jesse looked at her with pity, right now Issa couldn't care less about the pity.

"Anak. Alam ko takot ka pero may sasabihin ako sayo. Nandito lang si Papa kahit paano. Wag kang matakot. Alam mo kung paano?"

Tumingin si Issa sakanya ng nalilito sa pinag sasabi ng papa nya.

Jesse pointed at the necklace that she was wearing. The ashes of Jesse and Alfie.

"Ayan. Nandyan lang ako. Pati rin sa mama mo. Alam ko mahirap para sakanya pero sabihin mo nandyan lang ako. I am very proud of you and your mama for standing your ground and becoming a public servants to our country. For every rally that you will all attend I will be there. I am so proud of you Aki ko." Jesse gave her a bright smile and her hugged her once more.

"Goodbye na aki ko. Paki sabi naman kay Bok ang sinabi ko ha? Promise yan. Papa loves you so much. Goodbye Aki ko." Paalam ni Jesse and everything went white.

Issa suddenly woke up with sweat, she looked to her side to see Mike and Reyna fast asleep. She rubbed her eyes and looked over to her phone to see it was 6:02 in the morning. Issa stood up immediately to check her closet.

There laid a box that had the name Alfie on it, it was left untouched it had dust. She took the box out of the closet and brushed off the dust that it had.

Issa took a deep breath before opening the box. As she opened it, she saw the drawings, clothes, and baby blankets that Alfonso had. She did her best not to cry as she missed her son so much that it pained her into opening the box.

She looked at the bottom where laid a folder. She took out the folder and opened it. Where revealed multiple letters to her family and some politicians that Jesse had been friends with. Issa looked for the letter that was addressed to her.

As she found it she looked at it before opening the letter itself. When she opened the letter, she saw a picture of her son having a bright smile.